• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Wow, nice color... Thanks for straining my eyes.

Dude, I guess you are a security guard or something so are you going to try to call in the numbers and verify my LTCH if I gave it to you? Otherwise how do you know its legit? Its just a pink piece of paper...

How are you going to check to see if I am proficient with my weapon? Do you have a shooting range?

You obviously don't have many people over at your house...

Again I ask:

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF???

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Wow, nice color... Thanks for straining my eyes.

Dude, I guess you are a security guard or something so are you going to try to call in the numbers and verify my LTCH if I gave it to you? Otherwise how do you know its legit? Its just a pink piece of paper...

How are you going to check to see if I am proficient with my weapon? Do you have a shooting range?

You obviously don't have many people over at your house...

Again I ask:

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF???
    He's afraid of :ar15: You know you might be John Rambo or something how does he know?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    He's afraid of :ar15: You know you might be John Rambo or something how does he know?

If I am going to do him harm why on earth would I tell him I have a weapon???

Criminal: Knock, Knock

CCWcris: Hi, do you have any weapons?

Criminal: Damn, you got me. I was planning on shooting and robbing you but I guess that won't work now. Hey, is your neighbor home?

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    INCCW, I live in indiana, and have a concealed carry weapon. CCW=concealed carry weapon

In my home, its my rules. You have no say, just because the state says you can carry in public does not mean you have a right to have your gun in my home. If I so choose, I can tell you that you have to leave site to use a bathroom because mine is off limits. If I choose, I can say no rap music is to be played in my home while you are working. Its my house and my rules. Just because I choose not to let anyone in my home with a weapon that I do not personally know without checking to see if they have an LTCH does not make me afraid of anything. It is a measure that I have chosen to take to ensure my family's safety. Like I said, my home, my rules. Don't like it, don't come work on my property.

Hey, uh, is it by any chance your house your rules?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    If I am going to do him harm why on earth would I tell him I have a weapon???

Criminal: Knock, Knock

CCWcris: Hi, do you have any weapons?

Criminal: Damn, you got me. I was planning on shooting and robbing you but I guess that won't work now. Hey, is your neighbor home?

Hey, Hey, Hey, we'll have none of that common sense talk around here! :laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I do not allow strangers who knock on my door into my home. What is so wrong with wanting to know if someone in my home is carrying a weapon? For the record, I drive a new truck, own my own home and work as a consultant. As for running the LTCH, I don't run it, just seeing the pink slip is good enough for me. Sure it could be fake, but thats a risk I take. Why is it such a bad thing that I decide who comes into my house carrying a weapon? My friends don't get asked when they come over because I know they do not carry weapons or do carry weapons and I am fine with that. Its the complete stranger knocking on my door to fix my toilet that I don't want armed in my house.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I do not allow strangers who knock on my door into my home. What is so wrong with wanting to know if someone in my home is carrying a weapon? For the record, I drive a new truck, own my own home and work as a consultant. As for running the LTCH, I don't run it, just seeing the pink slip is good enough for me. Sure it could be fake, but thats a risk I take. Why is it such a bad thing that I decide who comes into my house carrying a weapon? My friends don't get asked when they come over because I know they do not carry weapons or do carry weapons and I am fine with that. Its the complete stranger knocking on my door to fix my toilet that I don't want armed in my house.

Hey look at the bright side you can use the classifieds now!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I like lists so:

1. I don't care what rules you make, I am not trying to change your mind just challenge it.

2. You are exercising an amount of control over your guests that most of us on this site would be appalled at if it were our government. It is the principle of it that I don't agree with.

3. You have trust issues. Irrational trust issues that you used to argue against me first. I am challenging them and all you can say is that its your house, your rules and that it should be normal to ask every single person you don't already know if they have weapons.

You are trying to argue against logic with an irrational emotional response and it just doesn't work. Please try again.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    1. I am a contractor, have been for almost 20 years. I litteraly have been in 10's of thousands of homes to do work or sell work. I have NEVER been asked if I was carrying.

2. How many of you have actually been asked that question by a stranger on your first meeting? Seriously.

3. Asking some stranger that question in most situations is like asking them "Do you have any weed on you?, if so, can I see your medical marijuana card before I let you in my house?"

4. No, I've never been asked that either.

5. Were numbered bullet points really necessary in this post? (Probably not, but it's my computer~my rules).

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    1. I am a contractor, have been for almost 20 years. I litteraly have been in 10's of thousands of homes to do work or sell work. I have NEVER been asked if I was carrying.

2. How many of you have actually been asked that question by a stranger on your first meeting? Seriously.

3. Asking some stranger that question in most situations is like asking them "Do you have any weed on you?, if so, can I see your medical marijuana card before I let you in my house?"

4. No, I've never been asked that either.

5. Were numbered bullet points really necessary in this post? (Probably not, but it's my computer~my rules).

Never once. Hey are you the only one responsible enough to use your computer around your family too?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I like lists so:

1. I don't care what rules you make, I am not trying to change your mind just challenge it.

2. You are exercising an amount of control over your guests that most of us on this site would be appalled at if it were our government. It is the principle of it that I don't agree with.

3. You have trust issues. Irrational trust issues that you used to argue against me first. I am challenging them and all you can say is that its your house, your rules and that it should be normal to ask every single person you don't already know if they have weapons.

You are trying to argue against logic with an irrational emotional response and it just doesn't work. Please try again.

I tried to rep you AGAIN but I'm all out. And thanks for that flashback to let us know what we're dealing with here. Mancard revoked, LOL.

Again, emotions they just can't splain to us that will pass the least amount of logical scrutniy :I

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I thought this thread has run it's course yesterday.
    Discussing off the wall scenarios never settles a discussion. The issue here is simply that the property owner has every right to limit who comes into his home and what that person carries or does in his home.
    We as responsible gun owners and citizens owe it to our fellow citizens to respect those property rights.
    As stated earlier I am in other peoples home on regular occasion as a claims adjuster. I always introduce myself to the home owner even if I'm there to inspect his barn or truck. I alway advise the home owner that I carry which is often very obvious and ask if he has any objections to that.

I don't claim to have all the answers and won't respond to what if's I just know this policy has served me well for several years.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I thought this thread has run it's course yesterday.
    Discussing off the wall scenarios never settles a discussion. The issue here is simply that the property owner has every right to limit who comes into his home and what that person carries or does in his home.
    We as responsible gun owners and citizens owe it to our fellow citizens to respect those property rights.
    As stated earlier I am in other peoples home on regular occasion as a claims adjuster. I always introduce myself to the home owner even if I'm there to inspect his barn or truck. I alway advise the home owner that I carry which is often very obvious and ask if he has any objections to that.

I don't claim to have all the answers and won't respond to what if's I just know this policy has served me well for several years.

Very true. The difference is IMO that having a productive internet discussion ( :laugh: ) should include more than just a statement saying this is what I do and it works for me.

You make a statement that we should respect peoperty rights. Explain to me how doing a perfectly legal activity would disrespect those property rights? If it is because they MIGHT not like guns where does that line end? Seriously, what else would you feel the need to inform them of?

EXAMPLE: I had a customer that is supposedly alergic to any and every chemical to the point that they moved out of their house for 2 months while their house was renovated. One of my guys was wearing a strong aftershave and it made her sick. That is a normal everyday thing that actually caused harm to a customer. Is it reasonable to go into every other customers house annoucing that you are wearing a strong aftershave? It could give them a headache afterall.

If you have a certain conviction about informing people of things that is fine, its your choice. If you feel the need to interrogate everyone who comes into your home, that is your prerogative. I just think you are being excessive.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    (did not read entire thread).

have a small gun in a belt pouch (fully enclosed). like a pouch that might hold a smart phone. with a velcro closure, access could be fairly quick.

Top Bottom