• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    What makes you think any place is safer than any other place? Do you think murderers, rapists and robbers care? If your children were being attacked in a church would you not defend them? If your wife were being forcefully raped at that location would you not take action? Would you expect some higher power to do something about it while you stand around and watch?

Last edited:

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    If God is there to protect you when you're in church, why wouldn't he be there wherever you are? If that's the case, then why would you carry anywhere...?

On the other hand, since churches aren't statistically any safer than many other places you probably DO carry, why on earth would you NOT carry there...?

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    This would be a good question to ask your pastor. I would even suggest you pray about it. As for myself I see no problem between God and myself when it comes to carrying for self defence. It all comes down to what is in your heart and what are your intentions when you reconcile with God.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Before today, I knew of at least two people who carry at my church. After today, found out a friend carries. He was shot years ago and since then he carries. He has drawn his weapon but never fired it from what I can tell since he has carried. Of course my church also has a mens group that had two trap shoots this year.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well I guess I have a bit of a unique perspective on this. Outside of being an IT Contractor, I spend my Sundays being an assistant pastor at a church in New Haven. I not only carry while in the church, I carry in the pulpit. While we as Christians should do our best to preserve life when possible that doesn't exclude us from acting as protectors and taking necessary action if needed. In fact I think we have MORE of an obligation (speaking strictly from a biblical view) to do so. On the night of the last supper Jesus said:

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

He was pretty clearly (to the best of my knowledge) instructing his disciples to defend themselves. Read Nehemiah 4...when he was building the wall he had half of the people building and the other half at weapons ready.

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Never mind the fact that my wife, kids, parents and other relatives are there, I don't think I could in good conscious live with myself if something should happen and I weren't prepared to deal with it as best as I know how to, even among perfect strangers.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Well I guess I have a bit of a unique perspective on this. Outside of being an IT Contractor, I spend my Sundays being an assistant pastor at a church in New Haven. I not only carry while in the church, I carry in the pulpit. While we as Christians should do our best to preserve life when possible that doesn't exclude us from acting as protectors and taking necessary action if needed. In fact I think we have MORE of an obligation (speaking strictly from a biblical view) to do so. On the night of the last supper Jesus said:

He was pretty clearly (to the best of my knowledge) instructing his disciples to defend themselves. Read Nehemiah 4...when he was building the wall he had half of the people building and the other half at weapons ready.

Never mind the fact that my wife, kids, parents and other relatives are there, I don't think I could in good conscious live with myself if something should happen and I weren't prepared to deal with it as best as I know how to, even among perfect strangers.

You must be a good pastor because now you have me turning off INGO and opening up my Bible!

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    All religious stuff aside, bad guys respect no boundaries. It's definitely your decision on where to carry, personally I will everywhere I legally can and try to avoid the places I legally can't.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Many in my church carry every time we attend, and the pastor is fine with it.

Side note: Please be sure that your church does not have a registered daycare or school on the property, or you WILL be in violation of the law.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    If you don't plan on shooting the place up, don't feel even slightly guilty about carrying anywhere it is legal, period. There was another church that a person came to shoot everyone and carried a duffel bag full of guns and filled magazines. The girl with the CCW filled him full of holes which stopped him. Before breathing his last he used his own gun to end his life before the leaking holes finished him. Of course the news reported his cause of death was a self inflicted gun wound, can't have CCW get good press. Anyway, you are probably more likely to need it in a place most people are not likely to carry one. Criminals don't want shot, they want to be the only armed person there so they chose Gun Free Zones. As far as the pat down, you might consider either a bag to carry your "Bible" and other items, or a daily planner that looks like a bible in that bag. Dillon Precision sells some neat little CCW items that disguise the fact you are carrying, just try not to leave them behind. I can personally vouch for the Dillon day planner and their concealed carry tote. Both allow very quick access to your gun, it's not like a regular bag where you might fumble around trying to retrieve your gun.

Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders

Last edited:

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    Well, in the new testament and the old, it is pretty clear that as a man, and the head of your household, it is your duty to be able to protect and provide for your family under any circumstance.

1 Timothy 5:8
    But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Chelise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Exodus 20:13-- "You shall not murder."

The positive command here would be, "You shall protect life."

Add that to all the other scripture already posted here, and it's almost a command to carry in church. God says you need to be able to protect yourself and your family.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What I don't get is there are some people that will attend a church that doesn't allow you to carry and you accept that yet when a Hooters freaks out because you've got a firearm on you legally, you :poop: bricks. What gives?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I can't answer this without getting into a littlle bit of theology so please indulge me for a moment.

1) There is no "altar of God" in a church building. The altar was where animals were brought before God for sacrifice by the priest. This was done away with for the church in AD 33 with the supreme (and final) sacrifice.

2) The "church" is the people -- not the place they happen to be meeting in at the moment. If your building burned down today would the "church" cease to exist? If everyone in the congregation including the staff decided to leave and go somewhere else before Sunday would the building still be a "church" or would it be an empty building up for sale?

3) Jesus declared he would be in the midst of even two or three of his followers gathered together. If you're concerned about carrying in "holy places" that would preclude you from being even in the smallest of groups of Christians with your LTC.

4) While I believe along with Proverbs 15:22 that there is "wisdom in the multitude of counselors" and that the good folk on INGO can give advice, ultimately you should seek the desires of the Lord in what you do. What is not sinful for one may be sinful for another.

Last edited:

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I can't answer this without getting into a littlle bit of theology so please indulge me for a moment.

1) There is no "alter of God" in a church building. The alter was where animals were brought before God for sacrifice by the priest. This was done away with for the church in AD 33 with the supreme (and final) sacrifice.

2) The "church" is the people -- not the place they happen to be meeting in at the moment. If your building burned down today would the "church" cease to exist? If everyone in the congregation including the staff decided to leave and go somewhere else before Sunday would the building still be a "church" or would it be an empty building up for sale?

3) Jesus declared he would be in the midst of even two or three of his followers gathered together. If you're concerned about carrying in "holy places" that would preclude you from being even in the smallest of groups of Christians with your LTC.

4) While I believe along with Proverbs 15:22 that there is "wisdom in the multitude of counselors" and that the good folk on INGO can give advice, ultimately you should seek the desires of the Lord in what you do. What is not sinful for one may be sinful for another.

Good post and theologically correct from a biblical perspective. We have one LEO who regularly worships with us. As well as him, there are at least three others including myself who CC whilst in the building in case some maniac decides to come in thinking he has a soft target.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Before today, I knew of at least two people who carry at my church. After today, found out a friend carries. He was shot years ago and since then he carries. He has drawn his weapon but never fired it from what I can tell since he has carried. Of course my church also has a mens group that had two trap shoots this year.

I hosted a shooting day for the men's group earlier this year at Atterbury. I was amazed at some of the stuff these guys owned!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I hosted a shooting day for the men's group earlier this year at Atterbury. I was amazed at some of the stuff these guys owned!

When we have a church shooting outing we get about 40 guys and about 400 guns. It's amazing what pops up -- I agree totally.

Top Bottom