• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Does anyone know if you can carry at Turkey Run? Its such a family oriented place, I don't know if they would have rules preventing it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You are now allowed to carry in state parks. "Family oriented," to me, means a place where folks are allowed to protect their families!

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Yeah, you are good to go. I OC'd there for a week back in May. There wasn't anyone at the booth when we drove in but a DNR officer came to our site to check us in. I informed him of my LTCH and that I would be carrying the whole week. He said "just don't shoot any racoons" and laughed as he walked away.

I know I did not need to inform him but I felt it would be a good idea in the event of any complaints/concerns by other campers. DNR said they have had compaints in the past but he didn't care.:rockwoot:

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    You are alright. I oc'ed there last month and was not given a second look, even by DNR. I just didn't carry while canoeing because I figured my girlfriend would have tipped it over and I didn't have a waterproof/floating bag for it to go in ;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know I did not need to inform him but I felt it would be a good idea in the event of any complaints/concerns by other campers. DNR said they have had compaints in the past but he didn't care.:rockwoot:

The Conservation Officers I've met have all been very cool about private citizens with guns. Perhaps their background led them to that career and they're very likely to be "one of us."

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The Conservation Officers I've met have all been very cool about private citizens with guns. Perhaps their background led them to that career and they're very likely to be "one of us."

I would agree with that statement. A guy I worked with (and indirectly for, owners son) became a conservation officer because he enjoyed outdoor sports, primarily hunting. Others I have spoken to seem to have similar feelings.

Anyways, good to go at state parks, just as others have said.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No carrying at state parks, which is insane because something can happen there as easily as something can happen on the streets.
    You can not only carry in Indiana state parks you can carry in National Parks in Indiana. Where are you getting your misinformation? :rolleyes:

The only "parks" you can't carry in Indiana are Corps of Engineers properties.

Top Bottom