• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Are you planning to be suicidal and shoot a bunch of innocent people? I said, name ONE time it has been documented that a gun was used by a citizen in a self-defense scenario and used more than 2 or 3 rounds; certainly no more than a mag or anything else relating to reloading.

Trolley Square shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He had a revolver, and I'll bet you he was wishing he carried a hi-cap Glock with 2 spare mags.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Are you planning to be suicidal and shoot a bunch of innocent people? I said, name ONE time it has been documented that a gun was used by a citizen in a self-defense scenario and used more than 2 or 3 rounds; certainly no more than a mag or anything else relating to reloading.

Damn! thats a dumbass thing to say. If 99.99% of all self defense shootings are at speaking distance and over in 3-5 rounds, thats fine. I dont carry for the 99.99%. If I played the percentage I wouldn't carry at all. After all 99.99%(arbitrary percentile) of people will not be the victim of a violent crime. I carry 1-2 spare P226 mags on me and have 2 more in a paddle mag holder in my console. I'm a .01% kind of guy.

Last edited:

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    Magazines can fail. mags can come out. Most people don't realize how fast ammo is used up.

Down here I should have been at a Dunkin Donughts that was robbed by 3 men. 1 man with a shotgun that shot a man in his back as soon as he came in and then 2 others with handguns.

I missed my turn and went to the next one. What I was on my way the place was robbed. My g/f would have been there with me.

BTW They did catch the three men waiting to leave the country at a port. One of them stated he simply wanted to up his body count.

I usually take a spare magazine with me if I can now.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I always have at least one extra magazine in my truck.

I have to be careful to make sure to leave only the ammo, and not the gun in my truck if my wife drives it (which is virtually never). She does not have a LTCH.

Tell her to get one :D Ya I carry an extra mag on occasion. I do when I am wearing a cross draw rig or my Blackhawk fanny.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If I'm in my car, my car is my primary weapon. Hopefully used as a tool to flee imminent danger.

3000+lb car at 55 MPH - calculate that energy :rockwoot: Or even better
    5000+ lb truck at 55 MPH :D

Penetration - variable

One Splat Stop - 100% :laugh:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    What kind of a f**king question is that?
    You'll have to find someone else to read the news to you sir. I won't be addressing you further.
    My point is, your example is the bad guy with many rounds of ammo. This thread is addressing GOOD GUYS with multiple mags of ammo when they are not needed. I am sure I will recover if you decide not to address me.:rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom