• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    I heard that you can not carry a loaded rifle in your car with or without a permit... this seems crazy... I have always done this even before i had a permit.

Is there any truth to this or is it just people talking?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Melen, are they citing a hunting reg to you?

Remember, that if you chose to do so that rifle platforms with inertia firing pins may be subject to discharge if involved in motor vehicle accidents. Word to the wise.

Eez gon, eez not safe.:D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have seen shotguns go off by having the buttstock slammed on the ground.

Have the weapon pointed anywhere but at yourself and you should be good to go.

I think that is a rule somewhere.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Indeed it is, my friend, but having boomsticks go off in confined spaces and then having pieces of metal, lead and cooper, bounce around inside said confined spaces can lead to . . . exciting times.:D

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    just remember, the only reason we carry hand guns is to get to our long guns...

No harm or foul by having a trunk gun other then the stolen possibles and they can always be replaced.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Please don't do this. All that needs to happen is you get into an accident and someone will try to make a law.

i dont understand. why would they try to make a new law because i got in a accedent with a rifle in the truck. im sure folks hae been in accedents with there carry pistol. i dont see rifles as any diffrent. would it make sence if noone carried a handgun for fear of loosing the right?

i say its my right and ill excercise it as i see fit

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Since it's locked in the trunk or behind the back seat, there's no point in keeping one in the chamber. It's gonna take you 30 seconds to get the darn thing out if you're lucky, so an extra half second to chamber a round should be a non issue.

It'd be safer and you wouldn't have to worry about it going off in an accident.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    i dont understand. why would they try to make a new law because i got in a accedent with a rifle in the truck. im sure folks hae been in accedents with there carry pistol. i dont see rifles as any diffrent. would it make sence if noone carried a handgun for fear of loosing the right?

i say its my right and ill excercise it as i see fit

i dont keep a round in the chamber. the ar is unloaded with a mag or 2 close by

Excuse me, I thought you were driving with a loaded firearm in the truck.

All it takes is a freak accident to hit the news and someone will want to make a law about how you may carry a gun in a vehicle.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Excuse me, I thought you were driving with a loaded firearm in the truck.

All it takes is a freak accident to hit the news and someone will want to make a law about how you may carry a gun in a vehicle.

You must not be very old, 30 years ago in the rural areas everyone had a gun in the gun rack.

Outlaw guns in vehicles...thats funny.:D

The total ban will happen first and Indiana is not going to be the state that does that.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    You must not be very old, 30 years ago in the rural areas everyone had a gun in the gun rack.

Outlaw guns in vehicles...thats funny.:D

The total ban will happen first and Indiana is not going to be the state that does that.

30 years ago:dunno: that is still the norm in liberty:D truth be told the only reason its not loaded is because it wont fit in my sleave with a mag. on the farm in tractors or trucks its got one in the hole at all times

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Please don't do this. All that needs to happen is you get into an accident and someone will try to make a law.

What's the point of it not being illegal if you are going to act as if it is illegal?

If you don't do it because it is illegal, or don't do it because you're afraid someone may make it illegal then what's the difference?

"If a man neglect to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Top Bottom