• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I wear overalls year around and carry a Glock 17 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I wear light shorts with a belt under the overalls. Button up the sides, and no one will know you are carrying. If you then believe a situation calls for it, you can unbutton for easy access.

Have you tried to draw your gun this way? What about under stress in a class?

Lifting a winter coat up to draw is hard enough, but unbuttoning the side of your overalls to draw your gun?

Yeah, I ain't doing it.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have used the "extra belt" method and it works just fine. Just don't button your overalls up all the way. Overalls should be loose and baggy anyway. I have also used it with a jacket - it works - just keep the jacket closed with one button or a little bit of zipper holding it closed. I drove limousines for a few years and this is how we carried under a suit coat or just a vest. It also allows you to shift the gun around where you want it so you can sit in a car all day without gouging yourself and still be able to get your gun out if necessary. It is also a very good technique when you have to use the restroom. You can unhitch your pants and drop them and hitch them back up - yet your gun stays where it is. Try it.

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    Have you tried to draw your gun this way? What about under stress in a class?

Lifting a winter coat up to draw is hard enough, but unbuttoning the side of your overalls to draw your gun?

Yeah, I ain't doing it.

Probably I didn't state that so clearly. In winter there isn't a need to button the sides as a coat covers the gun. In warm weather drawing from the buttoned up overalls is not a problem.
    One of our farms is on a dead end road with an unbelievable amount of traffic, apparently some being drug related. When approached by these guys, I would unbutton the overalls just in case.

Top Bottom