• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I know I just saw a post on this, but I believe it said you can now. Sadly I was never aware that we couldn't here in Indiana, but I hadn't been to any of the big parks in a while. All the smaller ones I had been to had no signs stating so, or at least ones that I had seen.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    You can. I suggest open carry. Others may follow suit or at least be educated. Chances are, you will not be targeted first by a bad guy.

Plus all guns should be allowed to breath in the forest air!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You can. I suggest open carry. Others may follow suit or at least be educated. Chances are, you will not be targeted first by a bad guy.

Unless the bad guy _really_ needs money for a fix right then and there, then your $400-$600 handgun would make a nice take.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    It's as legal as it gets! I will be back down in sourthern Indiana this weekend hiking, biking, and kayaking all while OC'ing and hoping that crazed BG that really needs a drug fix doesn't single me out!! LOL :draw:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    FYI...

It's legal. Has been for a LOOOONG time.

It WAS, however, against Indiana DNR RULES. Not against the LAW.

That rule has been rescinded, about 4 years ago now, I believe. Then DNR Commissioner Kyle Hupfer rescinded it.

Hoosier National Forest is OK, too.

Dunes National Park is NOT.

State Parks that are under control of the Army Corps of Engineers are NOT OK either, due to federal regulations.

-J-

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's as legal as it gets! I will be back down in sourthern Indiana this weekend hiking, biking, and kayaking all while OC'ing and hoping that crazed BG that really needs a drug fix doesn't single me out!! LOL :draw:

Got a plan already for that yak trip?

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Got a plan already for that yak trip?

Generally just find places on the map locale to the area. We are down about 1 a month. Do you have a suggestion?

P.S. I wasn't attached by the drug crazed BG while OC'ing on the trails. :rockwoot:

Matter of fact saw very few drug crazed people at all on the hiking trails at all. Don't know why? Maybe drug crazed and hiking just don't go together like they used to. I remember when I was younger I wouldn't think of hiking without drugs. LOL :laugh:

There is always next time. Stay tuned! :popcorn:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Generally just find places on the map locale to the area. We are down about 1 a month. Do you have a suggestion?

P.S. I wasn't attached by the drug crazed BG while OC'ing on the trails. :rockwoot:

Matter of fact saw very few drug crazed people at all on the hiking trails at all. Don't know why? Maybe drug crazed and hiking just don't go together like they used to. I remember when I was younger I wouldn't think of hiking without drugs. LOL :laugh:

There is always next time. Stay tuned! :popcorn:

Just thought if you were going any where I was interested in or half way near me we might work out truck shuttles and go together so neither needs to arrange pickups or extra trips. I'd like to do some of White rive up stream from Bedford or down stream of Williams dam. Salt creek any where from Monroe on down to White river, Lost river from Orangeville to French lick, the back waters of Monroe or Patoka either one about any thing like any of those.

I've already done a lot of Whitewater river from Laurel Dam to about 10 miles past Brookville or so and the canal from the dam to Metamora but eventually I'd like to have done all of Flatrock from Rushville to the White River and on to the Wabash so about any section of those I'd be interested in working something out on it.

Not terribly particular. Got trucks, got kayak, got canoes.

It's not much fun in the rain but I don't much care how warm or cold it is so long as the water's not frozen. I'm not much on the big white water stuff that get's on TV but I like enough water I don't have to carry the boat much or get board enough to have to paddle all the time on a river. Paddling on a lake is not bad, you don't have to battle back up stream to get back. If you go with the wind it's nice to have another vehicle down wind or some one who will come pick you up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom