• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    You know Crane and carry was almost an issue for me a few months ago, I was out cruising some of the fun backroads before the weather went to crap and I stumbled into a section of it, so before I got to the fence line and gate, sudden and abrupt 3 point turn! I know someone who forgot about the guns in the car on the way to the motorcycle safety course at an ANG AFB, the SF guys got all gitty and whipped out the M16s but it was a lock it up, a little paperwork and store it until leaving the base kind of thing; not too big of a deal in the end.

It's too bad more of the military doesn't take the approach of other bases that host 3 gun and other matches open to the public; but I understand the reasons for presenting the illusion of security with no gun policies, even if I don't agree with them personally.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks. I belong to the steamers club and although I don't carry there "too many kids and moms" I usually have something in my vehicle.

And yes. I follow the postd speed limit. :)

Ah ok, we may have met at some point if you ever attended any of the meetings with park management. I was always amazed at how well funded the park is and really had no idea how many clubs were out there until I went to a meeting. You know what I meant though about the speed limit on Schoolhouse, can't count the number of times I've seen someone pulled over during our races.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Camp Atturbury's public gun range is not actually on the base property and therefore no subject to US Code, it is property of the Department of Natural Resources, not the US government. Carry onto Camp Atturbury premises without permission from the provost marshall for the purposes of hunting will result in arrest and conviction under US Title 18 section 30

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom