• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Ok, so it says on my LTCH that I am required by law to notify the state police in writing within 60 days if I change addresses.

In their infinite wisdom, our county (Greene), has decided to name all the county roads and give all of us real addresses. The roads arer named after the last name of the highest property tax payer on the road. ERGO: ours is to be named "Pierce drive", since the Pierces pay the highest property tax.

Anyways, Do I have to notify the state police, since my address is "changing"?

Also, do I need to get an updated LTCH, since my current address wont be in existance anymore?

Thanks,
    John

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    But if you want a new "pink" license with the new address you will need to sent $20 to ISP

eta: thay would really suck if the highest property tax payer had a name like Gurfuncklewhitzowitchinsky.....

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    well, since lawrra has answered your question, i'd just like to add how stupid of an idea that street naming is. Did the fire department or the police not show up to the county meetings? How are they going to know which direction to head in an emergency without staring at a map for 10 minutes.

The idea is boggling my mind.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    yeah a little off topic but i will add that i listen to the scanner down there often... wastes dispatchers' time by them having to give both the new "E911" addresses and the old style county road directions just so they know where to even start looking. greene county is pretty good at blowing money on nothing and playing good ol' boy politics.

and yes to everything above - get the form, fax/mail it in, pay the $ if you want a new piece of paper, and maybe even call the isp firearms licensing office just to confirm they received and filed the change.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    well, since lawrra has answered your question, i'd just like to add how stupid of an idea that street naming is. Did the fire department or the police not show up to the county meetings? How are they going to know which direction to head in an emergency without staring at a map for 10 minutes.

The idea is boggling my mind.
    +1 The number system is so simple and straight forward, especially in northern counties where the roads are flat and straight. Even in southern counties, if they aren't familiar with the best way to get to that road, the numbering system can give them the general direction so they can head that way until they know for sure what exact roads to turn on to get there.

BTW, slight thread-jack. If anybody has any experience with filing in small-claims court in Greene County please PM me. I've been trying for over 6 months to get a security deposit back from renting an apartment.

Top Bottom