• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'll be backpacking the Knobstone trail in a couple weeks. Any hidden carry issues on the trail or am I good to go? I will be OCing during the hike.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I'll be backpacking the Knobstone trail in a couple weeks. Any hidden carry issues on the trail or am I good to go? I will be OCing during the hike.

I have no information on carry. I would assume g2g but don't put any stock into that. It's been about a year and a half but the trail was all chewed up from some planned deforestation and muddy when I went. Hope it's better now. Good luck to you!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Up until about 5 years ago my Wife, Dogs and I were prolific hikers. I would never consider walking in the wilds without a weapon. Never.

If the property prohibits weapons, I would CC and take the legal risk or not go at all. There is too much vulnerability being in an uncertain location and relying on help being able to find you if need be.

There has been more than once I've been on a marked trail only to come upon punks guarding a section of trail like Billygoat Gruff.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    With your Indiana LTCH you are fine to carry a handgun open or concealed on state forest and state forest rec areas. That's pretty much the whole trail. The only issue might be the trail connector into Delaney Park, which is a county owned park. They do allow hunters to access state property next to them, so maybe guns are ok there too. I think I would just assume that if it were me :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    County Park? They can not have an ordinance governing handguns at all.

I'll agree with the above, though. DNR policies are pretty clear. LTCH is good to go unless trumped by State or Federal laws (ACoE property, for instance).

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd like to see pics when you return. The property I've always taken the kids to for camping and hiking got logged and now looks like a lunar surface.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'd like to see pics when you return. The property I've always taken the kids to for camping and hiking got logged and now looks like a lunar surface.
    I'll do what I can. I'll just be taking my phone and I don't want to drain the battery. I'll be selective in the pictures I take. I plan on just hiking the Spurgeon Hollow Loop on the north end. I don't have the time to hike much more than that this time.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I'll do what I can. I'll just be taking my phone and I don't want to drain the battery. I'll be selective in the pictures I take. I plan on just hiking the Spurgeon Hollow Loop on the north end. I don't have the time to hike much more than that this time.

Wife and I did that loop last year! Really a great time. We just got back this week from McCormick Creek State Park and hiking it. Awesome river beds and a small waterfall that's really pretty!

Top Bottom