• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    School property = no carry, bike trail or not.

Depends on what school it is. Is it a higher education facility or is it a k-12 facility?

Only school I know of near WR is IUPUI.

The question about WRSP being a "quasi-governmental agency" has me wondering if them asking you to leave would violate IC or not.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Depends on what school it is. Is it a higher education facility or is it a k-12 facility?

Only school I know of near WR is IUPUI.

The question about WRSP being a "quasi-governmental agency" has me wondering if them asking you to leave would violate IC or not.

I was more asking as a general question. In our area we have a lot of walking/jogging/biking paths and many cross school property. I have been hesitant to carry on my rides simply for this reason.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

The zoo is on WRSP property. They have a no weapons policy and can ask you to leave. Same with the museums, concert venue, Victory Field, NCAA, etc.

I don't know if you could be asked to leave if you were OCing while walking along the canal. My guess would be yes.

I was more asking as a general question. In our area we have a lot of walking/jogging/biking paths and many cross school property. I have been hesitant to carry on my rides simply for this reason.

K-12, daycare or pre-school are all prohibited places by law.

A university is not. Policy is up to the school. Nearly all have polices against weapons. But again, not illegal. All they can do is ask you to leave campus. You can be charged with trespassing if you refuse.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My thoughts on this:

1. If you are going to [STRIKE]walk/bike on the Monon[/STRIKE] exist as an adult human who is responsible for your own safety, carry a gun!
    2. The robbery happened before 4am? Why in the hell were you on the Monon at that time of night?! Not smart!

FIFY

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Our friend, Senator Tomes, has introduced legislation in the past to force State agencies to follow state firearms laws as well. Encourage him to do it again, and then encourage your senator to support it.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wouldn't a bike trail that was once a railroad right of way now revert to park property and if so it could pass through a k-12 school campus but as long as you were to remain on the path you would still remain legal? It would be the same as a sidewalk past a school.... as long as you keep trucking your fine.

Top Bottom