• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I am a very small and skinny guy, and I comfortably CC a Walther PPS in both a Raven Concealment Phantom or a bellyband holster. I use the Phantom IWB with wings and tuckable C clips, and it works very well; most times I wear tight fitting t-shirts and don't print.

I highly recommend the Walther PPS in 9mm or .40. It is a heck of a lot thinner than most bulky "compact" handguns, and just as reliable. I have never had a malfunction in over 600 rounds.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would suffer for a while until I had the money saved up to get a smaller pistol myself. Take it from a guy who has sold stuff off, only to seriously regret it later.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I would suffer for a while until I had the money saved up to get a smaller pistol myself. Take it from a guy who has sold stuff off, only to seriously regret it later.

I agree, although the PPS is amazing as a carry gun, I sometimes wish I had a full size just to mess around with.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Is it a 4" XD or a 5" XD?

I've carried a fullsize 4" XD for the past 6~ years. Never had a problem with it being uncomfortable.

You need a good belt and holster. A 4" XD is not a big gun. Get the holster and belt and you should be set.

Check the threads for belt and holster threads, their are several recent ones.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    See Kholster

This!
    I can carry my XD9sc all day in my Kholster, very comfortable, very concealable.

You might have to adjust your clothing slightly, but I can wear Dockers and a Polo shirt and have very minimal printing(even with the Extended mag inserted)

One size larger shirts makes it disappear completely.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yeah, when I was looking at XD's the guys at PSS told me to get the Subcompact and I'm glad I did. While I'm not what you would call "portly" I am a big guy with some weight in the midsection.

When I OC, I just use my Blackhawk Serpa with a paddle attachment. For CC, I found a nice Tagua leather holster that didn't cost a lot of $$$ and is pretty comfortable.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I carry my XD9sc. To this point it's just OWB with the plain old XD holster that it came with, it prints in pretty much anything but a sweatshirt, but so far nobody has seemed to really notice

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I carry my XD9sc. To this point it's just OWB with the plain old XD holster that it came with, it prints in pretty much anything but a sweatshirt, but so far nobody has seemed to really notice

No offense, but that holster is AWFUL. If you try just about ANY other holster it will be an improvement. Just my :twocents:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Absolutely agree! But it's better than not carrying at all until I can get the money :D

Good point! I usually wouldn't recommend Gander Mountain for ANYTHING gun related, but keep an eye on their discount holster bin. You can find some good deals there on occasion.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Bradis have a discount bin as well?

Top Bottom