• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    it says no weapons on the signs and they do have the metal detecting wands so id vote no, i did just come from conseco fieldhouse though where they have the same policy and were holding wands but they just waved me right on through, just had me open my jacket up but never used the wand at all

amorrisfarm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks for the replys. I have not been yet so I did not know what to expect. Not somuch worried about inside as getting back to the car late at night. I typically do not go to indy w/o it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I haven't been to Lucas Oil, but I always carry a Surefire C2 with a crenelated strike bezel when I go to Conseco and park in the garage attached. They don't always wand you, but my wife would kill me if we spent money on event tickets and got kicked out because I was carrying. They found a knife on my friend once and let him in anyway, but I have heard some people get told to put it in their car.

If I knew they would just tell me to lock it in my car rather than kick me out and ban me from the building, I would chance it. You could also use an ankle holster because they don't wand there and when they have you pull your pant legs up, they never have you pull them high enough to show a properly placed ankle rig.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    now that i think about it,i worked entry control for the 2006 AFC championship game at the old RCA dome, we actually didnt have wands, we had to pat everyone down from the waist up, we did have an issue with an off duty, drunk KY state cop but it wasnt weapons related, he got drunk and started a fight at a concession stand during halftime and got banned for life after trying to use his badge as a get out of jail card

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Every event I've been to so far (6+ now) at Lucas Oil I've never been wanded and only about 75% of the time have I been patted down. I have seen where there is the occasional wand floating around but I always avoid those lines.

IF I get a pat down they consist of the back of their palms to the bottom of my arms, down the sides, around the waist from 4/8 o'clock positions to just short of the belt buckle.

Ankle, a low smart carry, cargo pocket, and possibly even SOB (if the gun is small enough) and you are GTG.

amorrisfarm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I went to the supercross last night. Left my pistol in the car, but could have walked right in with it. Any good info out there on the proper way to carry on the ankle?

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I went to the supercross last night. Left my pistol in the car, but could have walked right in with it. Any good info out there on the proper way to carry on the ankle?

I know when I walked in I expected a lot more security. The person who scanned my ticket just stared at my face almost judging me, and then said have a nice night. It would have been so easy to carry

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I also went to the Supercross Saturday night. I carefully looked for metal detecting equipment and wands, and saw absolutely none. I didn't even see anyone checking for weapons. I had left my pistol at home for fear of leaving it in the car, and having it stolen from the parked car during the race. Fortunately I didn't need the gun. I did however, carry my pocket knife for protection. (side note--Windham almost took it--faded near halfway---finished 3rd. Better luck next time , Kev!)

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I went to the Colts/Jets playoff game. Security was visually inspecting and wanding everyone pretty thouroughly. I didn't carry that day, if I had they would've found it with the somewhat extensive search they did before I entered.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i forgot to take my spare mag out of my pocket one time at conseco entering for a pacer game. as soon as i saw the wands i knew i was bonned but i figured id go anyways since it was just a mag and ammo but no gun. they of coarse found it and freaked out, but all they said was i couldnt have it in the building, so i ran it to my car and was good to come back in.

LMAO, the look on the ladies face was as if she just caught me with a nuclear bomb, lol. it was so funny. i think she was sweating more than me,

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    LMAO, the look on the ladies face was as if she just caught me with a nuclear bomb, lol. it was so funny. i think she was sweating more than me,

Too funny!
    In her "media educated" mind her thoughts were probably something like:
    :eek: "OMG!!! Its one of those banana 'clips' from a fully automatic terrorist grade assault machine gun (most likely an AK-47)!!!":runaway:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I think this would get by the "pat-down" and "wanding", but I not sure about the metal detectors. I have one of these rigs and I like/recommend them. Check out the link below.

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

Thanks. I'll remember to look for those next time I do doors. I'll definitely let the door supervisor know that these might be showing up.

Guys, I joke about this but really, there are no weapons allowed. No guns, knives or jagged instruments. IN most cases you will be given a chance to return your gun to the car. Knives can be checked in at guest services but don't count on it. Pocket knives are usually not a problem. This is my opinion but a gun in such a crowded atmosphere is problematic. If God forbid you do use your weapon there is a very high risk of hitting other people. I know that you will say it is for the walk back to your vehicle and I understand that. I leave Conseco long after most everyone else has left and get your concern. I also do not make myself a target. We have had lots of discussions about that before.

Don't misunderstand, I am all for our right to carry and protect ourselves. I just hope that we all use discretion where needed and consider our options for our own safety as well as those around us.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Thanks. I'll remember to look for those next time I do doors. I'll definitely let the door supervisor know that these might be showing up.

Guys, I joke about this but really, there are no weapons allowed. No guns, knives or jagged instruments. IN most cases you will be given a chance to return your gun to the car. Knives can be checked in at guest services but don't count on it. Pocket knives are usually not a problem. This is my opinion but a gun in such a crowded atmosphere is problematic. If God forbid you do use your weapon there is a very high risk of hitting other people. I know that you will say it is for the walk back to your vehicle and I understand that. I leave Conseco long after most everyone else has left and get your concern. I also do not make myself a target. We have had lots of discussions about that before.

Don't misunderstand, I am all for our right to carry and protect ourselves. I just hope that we all use discretion where needed and consider our options for our own safety as well as those around us.

I respect your opinion too but it's wrong in my eyes and are you going to GUARANTEE my safety and my family's safety on the walk back to the vehicle....I didn't think so.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    On the general topic of carrying in these places. I hae my pocket-clip knife on me going to a Pacer game once at Conseco. I wear it all day every day and was suprised to hear that I couldn't go in with it. They held it for me at the desk and I retreived it after the game.

Top Bottom