• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNBOYTROY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    Hello All, I will be attending the Comic Con that takes place at the Indy Convention Center next weekend. Does anyone know if you are capable of carrying concealed in the Convention Center? I have never been there, and carry concealed in most places. If anyone has any insight regarding this, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 7

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believed they changed the law due to the NRA convention and that it is now allowed.

Hold your horses... Better find that law before you say its so.. As I recall the ban was ONLY lifted for the NRA convention at the demands of the renter (NRA) and ONLY for the duration of the convention. Its not a blanket lifting of the ban per the info I have seen.

Not saying you are wrong, just that my info is drastically different than yours and I wouldnt beleive it until I saw said entry in the IC.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There's no ban on carry at the convention center and it's not one of the prohibited places. My understanding is that the tenent or exhibitor can set a preferred policy for their event. So the comic con folks might not want you to carry, but not against the law.

I imagine Trespassing rules could apply should you be "outed"and asked to leave by the exhibitor.

GUNBOYTROY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    Thank you guys for the info. I carry concealed all the time and since it's not against law... (Thank you MCGrease08)...My primary concern is if metal detectors are there. They won't know my Glock 19 is there unless I set off bells and whistles.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There's no ban on carry at the convention center and it's not one of the prohibited places. My understanding is that the tenent or exhibitor can set a preferred policy for their event. So the comic con folks might not want you to carry, but not against the law.

I imagine Trespassing rules could apply should you be "outed"and asked to leave by the exhibitor.

THIS. I also should have been so clear. Its not a legal/criminal ban, but a civil prohibition... a "Private property rules" issue. Keep it hidden and you will be OK. Even if they DO see it, the worst you will deal with is being ejected from the event. (unless you are belligerent and refuse to leave "because its my 2A RIGHT!")

GUNBOYTROY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    Thank you Cameramonkey, I appreciate your info and help. I just want to ensure I don't embarrass my fiancé..or worse..get cuffed and stuffed.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Hello All, I will be attending the Comic Con that takes place at the Indy Convention Center next weekend. Does anyone know if you are capable of carrying concealed in the Convention Center? I have never been there, and carry concealed in most places. If anyone has any insight regarding this, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks everyone!

The way the indiana code reads it is up to the group putting on the event, so you would need to check with the group that puts on Comic Con.

http://www.icclos.com/pdf/ICCLOS_FacilityGuide_JAN_2012.pdf
    The recently enacted SEA 292 and its addition of I.C. § 35-47-11.1 to the Indiana Code, effective July 1, 2011 (“Statute”), prohibits, with certain exceptions, a political subdivision from regulating any matter pertaining to firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories (“Firearms”). The implications of the Statute are as follows:The Statute applies to the CIB, as it is a political subdivision (as defined in the Statute);
    As of July 1, 2011, the CIB may not • regulate Firearms in its facilities;
    The Statute does provide for you, as a • promoter and/or organizer of events (“Events”) in the CIB facility that you have licensed (“Licensed Premises”), to, in your discretion, establish rules of conduct or admission to your Events that include restrictions on Firearms;
    ·In the event you establish rules of • conduct or admission for your Events that include restrictions on Firearms, the CIB may enforce those rules of conduct or admission.
    As Licensee, you must provide the CIB with written notice of whether you will establish rules of conduct or admission for your Events that include restrictions on Firearms and to advise us, in your discretion, whether you will be directing us to implement and enforce such rules of conduct or admission.
    Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Sales Manager or Event Coordinator.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Problem #1: Your going to comic con
    Solution: Don't go to comic con

Just kidding, this is coming from a guy that was never into comics stuff

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Most Comic Cons ban guns. It is policy, not law. Unless you refuse to leave after being asked to leave, then it's trespass.

We went through a major Facebook discussion up here in NWI. Several people turned away, and then a doctor made a post saying people were douches. Everything was fine till then. Then a major discussion, till he got tired of losing. Then he deleted his post.

GUNBOYTROY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    I guess my primary concern is do they have metal detectors at Comic Cons? I have carried many places where "policy" prohibited it. Actaeon, I appreciate your response and input.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I will also be at ComicCon next weekend. I attend a few conventions a year at the Indy Con Center and have never seen a metal detector, pat down, or bag check. There's always a first for everything, but I'm just saying.

GUNBOYTROY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    Thank you xdmstu, I appreciate your feedback! I didn't think there could be given all the costumes, props, etc. I just would rather be safe than sorry.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hold your horses... Better find that law before you say its so.. As I recall the ban was ONLY lifted for the NRA convention at the demands of the renter (NRA) and ONLY for the duration of the convention. Its not a blanket lifting of the ban per the info I have seen.

Not saying you are wrong, just that my info is drastically different than yours and I wouldnt beleive it until I saw said entry in the IC.
    What ban?

GUNBOYTROY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    I totally agree 85t5mcss! I wouldn't leave it in the car, far more dangerous and overall pointless to have at all. Right...as long as they don't wand and/or have metal detectors, everything is all good.

Top Bottom