• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Wondering statute states not ordinarily visible, From what I can tell a loose T shirt should be ok? I usually wear a 3x so it bunches up a bit at the waist. My holster sits high and tight so I am thinking it should be OK.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ...a loose T shirt should be ok?

Concealed means Concealed.

Do your own research or perhaps an expert can chime in. The rumor I heard was that you don't want to be printing or accidentally exposing your gun. So when in the Sunshine State I pay more attention to keeping my gun concealed.

In Indiana I will be a bit more sloppy with my concealment. Not really open carry but in most settings not too concerned about someone getting a glimpse.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Florida statute (SB234) states that if your firearm is briefly exposed during certain circumstances, like reaching for that box of Cocoa Pebbles on the top shelf, you are not in violation of the law. Unless you're manic about it I wouldn't worry about printing. Only people who will notice are other gun carriers.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It would be a shame to have a vacation to be complicated by an innocently exposed handgun. I go to Florida 6 to 8 times a year including next week to Disneyworld and take measures to ensure unauthorized eyes never see it. I would never rely on a t-shirt. There are children in my care that would be crying if we were delayed in getting to the fun parts of Florida. So I try to ensure there is no drama on the trip.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Just fyi, just got back from Disney. Everyone goes through a metal detector. They have pushed out the security ring to the hotels and parking lots. Carry in the park is near impossible.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It would be a shame to have a vacation to be complicated by an innocently exposed handgun. I go to Florida 6 to 8 times a year including next week to Disneyworld and take measures to ensure unauthorized eyes never see it. I would never rely on a t-shirt. There are children in my care that would be crying if we were delayed in getting to the fun parts of Florida. So I try to ensure there is no drama on the trip.

Hope none of those children are 5 year old girls, I've heard they're especially dangerous!:nailbite:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Was Hollywood studios worth the time?
    If you enjoy the Rockin roller coaster or Tower of terror, it is, but don't plan to spend an entire day there. You can still do quite a few things, but we didn't stay more than two hours, then headed out to another park. Whatever you do, be sure to ride the Avatar flight of passage at Animal Kingdom, it's the most amazing ride in all of Disney!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just fyi, just got back from Disney. Everyone goes through a metal detector. They have pushed out the security ring to the hotels and parking lots. Carry in the park is near impossible.
    What kind of security did you see at the hotel? We were just there (stayed at port orleans) and I didn't notice anything different from the last several visits. I went through a metal detector maybe twice while going into a park, but that process is random, or was two weeks ago.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Not everyone, just those selected at random. But everyone does get their bags searched.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    What kind of security did you see at the hotel? We were just there (stayed at port orleans) and I didn't notice anything different from the last several visits. I went through a metal detector maybe twice while going into a park, but that process is random, or was two weeks ago.

We went in late August. Had the same experience as you did.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I live in South Florida and from what I've seen the state is relatively gun friendly. Obviously carry laws aren't what you're used to in Indiana but you should be fine wearing what you described. I don't know if you plan on checking out any shops while you're in the state, but there are some great ones if you have the time.

As far as Disney goes, the only place I carry is Disney Village. With the number of tourists and families in the theme parks, you run the risk of becoming a spectacle if you do end up printing. Disney Village is more adult oriented and the most likely place to run into a situation where you might need a firearm. In fact, it was one of the locations that was scouted by the Orlando nightclub shooter. I've carried there multiple times with no issues though.

Hollywood Studios has some fun attractions (especially if you're a Star Wars fan), but as another poster said, you probably won't spend an entire day there.

Top Bottom