• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I wanted to bring this thread back as I will be going this weekend and it seems that CC is a must but I need a bazooka. I'm not actually going into Detroit(hopefully) but will be in Allen Park and surrounding areas. Appreciate all the responses.

And just how far from "Detroit" is Allen Park?

It is all still Detroit to me. I grew up an hour from Detroit and classify the whole metro area together. I know that will not be a popular position with lots of folks but BGs have transportation too!

Buckaroo

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    And just how far from "Detroit" is Allen Park?

It is all still Detroit to me. I grew up an hour from Detroit and classify the whole metro area together. I know that will not be a popular position with lots of folks but BGs have transportation too!

Buckaroo

Pretty darn close....just not going "down town" but I am sure it will be interesting for my first visit.

Aaron B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SE MI
    Allen Park is no where I'd recommend a vacation, but it still isn't the worst of the metro area. I consider it sort of a "transition" area - as you travel south it starts to clean up and look like modern civilization. As you travel north-northeast, you're more and more likely to have stories to tell your friends about when you return home.

Just a heads up, M-39/Southfield Road is the main drag through there, and is currently undergoing major construction. Expect some delays if you are going to be traveling in that area.

Top Bottom