• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I will be the first to admit I carry anywhere there ain't a metal detector. What's the worst that could happen? They tell me to leave?

Or you could be charged and convicted of a felony, thereby removing your ability to ever carry a handgun again.

IC 35-47-9-2
    Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    35-47-9-2 Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property;
    (2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I carry anywhere that I can without exposing myself to criminal arrest....i.e. public schools, federal buildings and local/state courthouses.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Since we all go by screen names...

I would like to know who does...and what people think about carrying where they are not "supposed to"...like at work, school zones, court house...etc.

What are our responsibilities as "responsible" gun carriers?

I personally prefer to carry at all times...because I know I can trust myself to act correctly given the situations at hand.

God bless
    -Shred

One thing you have to keep in mind that some areas have a different status legally. For instance, while your workplace may have a "no firearms" policy that you signed in your employee handbook, it isn't illegal to carry on company property.

You can legally carry on school property if you are picking up/dropping off your child and you remain in the car.

Court houses are a different matter. Not only is it illegal, but they have metal detectors.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Or you could be charged and convicted of a felony, thereby removing your ability to ever carry a handgun again.

IC 35-47-9-2
    Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    35-47-9-2 Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property;
    (2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony
    I guess that's why I and I alone am responsible for my actions and I don't need anyone else to tell me what to do or what decisions to make. If its MY kid on a school bus and I'm with him you bet I'm packing. I could not live with myself if something happened and I could have prevented it if only I had a gun.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I carry anywhere it is legal for me to do so. I will avoid businesses with victim disarmament signs whenever possible, but I will not be abide by them.

MCFD713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I guess my main question in concern would be in the workplace.

I signed somthing or other to comply with company policy that states that firearms on the property are not permitted.

But I still carry at work sometimes...would prefer to carry ALL the time...although Im usually within 50ft. of my gun.

Anyone ever been caught carrying at work in a similar situation?

I try to wear my guns so that they dont "print" or show...and try to deep conceal as much as possible with a larger framed gun.

God bless
    -Shred

I brought up our no firearm rule to my employer and was told to re read the handbook which states you MAY be terminated for prepossessing a firearm. Which they said lets the supervisors at each division decide how they handle it.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I carry everywhere it is legal. That being said, so as not to loose my much needed job, I don't bring it onto their property. But those barely visible signs that don't carry the weight of law? Seriously, I usually don't notice them while we're shopping, anyway, and usually find out that I "violated store policy" after many trips into the posted store over a long period of time, and usually it's my wife that points out the sign to me, otherwise I probably would never notice those things. I guess over the years I've become acustomed to signage in stores being aimed at getting my money, rather than changing my behavior. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I make every attempt to abide by laws. With all of the town, city, township, etc... codes, it is sometimes hard (carry in parks could be legal or illegal depending on the town, for instance). This state preemption bill currently under consideration MAY help clarify things.

My employer has a strict (and actually illegal in Indiana) weapons policy. But, since I only carry tools.....

Other locations, especially businesses, are free to ask me to spend my money elsewhere. This has never happened to me, but I suppose there will be a first time eventually.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    To me, carrying a gun is not a religion. I dont do it in places where it is a felony.

I am still armed, just not with a firearm.

Sometimes "Having a gun" is like a magical item, and if you dont have it you are completly powerless.

Its mostly an internet phenomenon, real life is a different ball game than the internet.

The Internet: Where every Mosin shoots sub MOA, everyone has a gun + 2 spare 30 round mags on them 24/7, and everyone cuts the center out of the X ring with their LCP.

Top Bottom