• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    How many of you do it? If you do, is it against company policy? How do you CC while at work?

There is nothing in my company's handbook about firearms or weapons in general. Just a clause boiling down to don't hurt your coworkers. It's business casual attire and I typically have to wear a tucked in shirt.

Never had an issue until last week. Coworker spotted me printing when I was bending over. Had my G26 in an MTAC. He's not a shooter but he is a friend and it led to a really good conversation actually. But it has me thinking about my carry strategy at work.

I've downsized to a P938 in a Shielded Mini Phalanx but I'm even paranoid about the clips showing now. What do y'all recommend for deep concealment strategies?

Ahuey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Indy
    My handbook says we are not allowed to carry. There are times that I will carry due to areas that I am required to walk around from time to time.

I don't think I would get fired for carrying. I think the main reason for the policy is to minimize risk if something bad ever happened.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Strictly a 'no guns' policy at work. Best I can manages is Benchmade folder that is with me anytime I'm out of the house.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I've carried a keltec p-32 for years in a holster in my front pocket in business casual and no one has ever spotted it as a firearm that I am aware of .

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Unfortunately, in my case it is illegal for me to carry at work.

Fortunately, there are a few fat armed security guards that can waddle around if needed.

debruyn4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You could always go to a ankle holster if you are really wondering if someone will complain. And of course keep it to yourself that you are carrying.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There is nothing in my company's handbook about firearms or weapons in general.

At a previous job I held, there wasn't anything written in the policy either.

However, in order to take an NRA class once, it had to have a certain number of people...so I asked a coworker if she'd go, too (knowing they had guns in their house and blah blah blah)...
    At the end of class, I asked the instructor a couple questions and we had a discussion about off-limit places for carry and he mentioned work places (I was honest about carrying to mine).

Fast Forward:

Coworker tells manager that I carry at work.
    Corporate coincidentally (the same month) changed the handbook to include ONE brief paragraph, prohibiting it. Plus, the terms of employment changed to include needing a signature stating you A) Read the handbook, and B) Will abide by the handbook, or C) Cease to be employed.

I didn't sign it.

But that's OK. If I had...I might never have fallen into the opportunity to work with the awesome people I do.
    I have the best boss ever.

Top Bottom