• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Myself and the wife are taking our four kids to Disney this summer, and I really don't like the idea of leaving my weapon in the hotel room while running all over hell in Orlando. I know I'm good to go as far as carrying in Florida, CC only of course, but has anyone carried in the Disney parks? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a smart carry holster for my PT745, but am open to suggestions. I normally pocket carry, but sometimes carry OWB with a shirt over it. That's not an option. I've also considered getting an LCP and just pocket carrying the whole time, while locking the 745 in the hotel room safe. Any personal experiences carrying at Disney?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you're staying at one of the resorts there, they probably have a room safe, (our cabin in Frontier Land did) for storage, but carry is a no go for anyone. It's a pretty safe place all in all. Feel free to carry off resort, tho. I did. That's one of the main reasons we drove down.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Disney policy is no guns or weapons anywhere on their property. However they do not search you anywhere except entering the theme parks, and then only a cursory inspection of bags and purses. Disney theme parks are very safe in terms of violent crime, but that is not the case on other Disney property like Downtown Disney. With all of the people, and lack of good back stops, there wouldn't be any way to use your pistol safely in any of the parks anyway. I agree that leaving it in the hotel room isn't the best idea. If it were me, I would carry something very concealable and not worry about it. Just make sure that you carry in such a way as to keep your gun dry on the water rides.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Myself and the wife are taking our four kids to Disney this summer, and I really don't like the idea of leaving my weapon in the hotel room while running all over hell in Orlando. I know I'm good to go as far as carrying in Florida, CC only of course, but has anyone carried in the Disney parks? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a smart carry holster for my PT745, but am open to suggestions. I normally pocket carry, but sometimes carry OWB with a shirt over it. That's not an option. I've also considered getting an LCP and just pocket carrying the whole time, while locking the 745 in the hotel room safe. Any personal experiences carrying at Disney?

When I go to DISNEY, I leave my gun in the glove box of my truck, then when I go to my resort, I take my gun with me{hidden out of view} to my room:twocents:

wej

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    All above posts are spot on. However, I thought it a good idea, since it is legal just not "allowed" by Disney to be VERY well concealed and carry. I had no problems. We did stay in a resort on the Disney property. The rules do not allow the wall safe to have any firearms stored there. Great risk of being discovered but concealed is concealed. Again, if discovered you will be ejected from the property and loose the thousands of dollars invested in the trip. Please give the whole carry idea a lot of thought! You pay your money and take your chances. Me, I choose to be armed.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Timely topic since the family is planning a trip to Disney World this summer. My wife asked about what I intended to do about the firearms since Disney has a no weapons policy. We are considering pulling the popup down and staying at Fort Wilderness Resort. The website says that weapons have to be checked in and secured. My understanding from other sites is that they unload, zip tie the slide, and put it in a lock box. I am considering letting my wife check her weapon just because I a curious how the whole process is supposed to work.

No reason to carry in the parks themselves. No guns are allowed so everybody is safe. :rolleyes: All sarcasm aside I spend most of my time unarmed at work so it doesn't really bother me that much.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We are staying at Pop Century resort, so I'm thinking I'll lock it in the room safe if we are riding the shuttles, but if we drive to a park, I'll probably take it and leave it in the car.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They will search your bags upon entry to the park. One more thing to be aware of is clip knives. They will throw a fit about having a pocket clip on a knife. I was stopped at the initial inspection and was told that I couldn't have my knife (small, 2" blade). I talked with the guard and he said just keep it down in my pocket and not clipped on. I said thanks and did as he requested. As soon as i was out of sight, i reclipped the knife to my pocket. As walked a little way further, another plain clothes guard made a bee-line to me from across the street. He also questioned me about the clip knife. After seeing the knife and hearing that the guy out front said i could keep it, also said to keep it down in my pocket. I then complied for the rest of the day.

Long story short, they are militant about spotting clips. I assume that they are looking more for LCP or others with a clipdraw attached or large clip knives, but they will stop and question you if they see a clip on your pocket.

P.S. I was there about a year ago when this happened.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have a question about this too. If I keep my Keltec P3AT in my pocket in its pocket holster they won't catch it will they? Sounds like they wont from what you guys are saying.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    We are also going to Disney in a couple months. I decided to just leave my pistol in the hotel. We are paying a LOT of money on this vacation, so my wife would kill me if we got kicked out. We will be using Disney transportation the whole time, so no concern about parking lots. Given the amount of money people pay to get in the parks, I doubt there is much chance you would need a gun inside the park. If you did, you probably wouldn't be safe using it. I am going to feel strange not having it because I carry almost 100% of the time.

Everytime I have been in the past, there is no security except they take a quick glance inside your bags. If you don't have bags, you walk right in. I was pestered about having a pocket knife clipped to my pants once, as others have posted, they told me to just drop it in my pants so it wasn't noticeable. I was annoyed by it.

I did see police with a dog outside one of the parks once. I don't imagine the dog would pick up on a gun. Anyone here have real knowledge on that?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    We are also going to Disney in a couple months. I decided to just leave my pistol in the hotel. We are paying a LOT of money on this vacation, so my wife would kill me if we got kicked out. We will be using Disney transportation the whole time, so no concern about parking lots. Given the amount of money people pay to get in the parks, I doubt there is much chance you would need a gun inside the park. If you did, you probably wouldn't be safe using it. I am going to feel strange not having it because I carry almost 100% of the time.

Everytime I have been in the past, there is no security except they take a quick glance inside your bags. If you don't have bags, you walk right in. I was pestered about having a pocket knife clipped to my pants once, as others have posted, they told me to just drop it in my pants so it wasn't noticeable. I was annoyed by it.

I did see police with a dog outside one of the parks once. I don't imagine the dog would pick up on a gun. Anyone here have real knowledge on that?

If you're worry about the police dog, just take a burger with you, if the dog comes near you, just drop the burger, I'm sure the dog will go for the burger:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Condeal it well and on your person. Bags are subject to search.

It's still LEGAL, just against their rules.

I do NOT know if found out if you'd be allowed to return to your vehicle & re-gain access to the park.

-J-

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Condeal it well and on your person. Bags are subject to search.

It's still LEGAL, just against their rules.

I do NOT know if found out if you'd be allowed to return to your vehicle & re-gain access to the park.

-J-

It won't be legal, cause it's private property, & they said NO guns in the park:twocents:

Top Bottom