• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When in doubt - Conceal. :draw:

Elkhart Fair has officers that will tell you to take your gun back to your car if noticed. I sat by the entrance one year and saw a few guys get turned away.

I always carry there because Llama's Spit and Little Kids are Scary. :nailbite:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When you've owned your own gun shop for 18 years, and sold thousands of firearms, come back and whine about my data. I've forgotten more about such things than you'll ever know.
    In other words you have no hard data to back up your figures. Just anecdotal numbers. BTW..I don't drink. ;)

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    In other words you have no hard data to back up your figures. Just anecdotal numbers. BTW..I don't drink. ;)

Nor is any "hard data" needed. You kids would be wise to accept that, sometimes, things just are what they are. You don't need a "link" to prove it. Oh....logging on with multiple user names is also usually not welcome on Internet forums. :rolleyes:

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Nor is any "hard data" needed. You kids would be wise to accept that, sometimes, things just are what they are. You don't need a "link" to prove it. Oh....logging on with multiple user names is also usually not welcome on Internet forums. :rolleyes:
    Now why to do you have to come in here and act like that? Lines like the above with "kids" in it imply you think you know everything, that no one else here knows a thing, and that the ability to support what you claim isn't necessary because "you know everything". Right?

You are the reason I avoid online gun forums. And, before you rattle on, I am me, there is only one me, and this is my handle on here. Calling people out for "multiple user names" is akin to calling someone on here a liar. I am sure you didn't want to do that, did you?:dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's okay, there's no need to crank up the condescension. You admitted your numbers were anecdotal. No big deal. Carry on.

Just one more thing though. I have only one user name on this forum and you're looking at it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Now boys.... Let's keep it civil, please. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

BTW... if someone has reason to believe another member is in some way violating site rules (including "shilling" (multiple logins)), please report a post by the person you suspect is doing so and identify the names you think are the same person and the reason you think so. Voicing your suspicions is one thing, but let the mod staff handle checking out the accusation, rather than attempting to enforce the rule yourself. That's what Fenway has us around to do. Thanks!

Blessings,
    Bill

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Someone joked about the scariness of llama spit and 5 yr old girls, but...

As a reference to incidents at County and State Fairs, keeping in mind that Elkhart County is bigger than a lot of STATE fairs, and 2nd largest county fair in the nation:

3 Men Arrested After Stabbing At LA County Fair « CBS Los Angeles

Here's one for some rioting and race-baiting from last year:

State Patrol called in, youth policy imposed after violence at State Fair | Fried Beer

Googling it, while having plenty of repeats, show that there IS a need to be able to defend yourself in a large crown with lots of kids scattered around.

If I was someone like Gecko45, I'd probably be annoying the hell out of my wife by walking around in full tactical gear, minimum of 5 firearms and multiple other non-firearm weapons....I hate crowds...

Last year, had a teenage try to pick my pocket while in line for some Nelson's Chicken. I felt a light brush against my back pocket, and when I turned around, the kid had this mortified look on his face as he profusely apologized for accidently brushing up against me. He turned really pale when I greeted my little brother (little bro, but +100 pounds on me at least) standing quietly behind him.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I heard one the other day at the store. They're saying lifetime permits are going away...(Does this REALLY need to be purple?)

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Someone joked about the scariness of llama spit and 5 yr old girls, but...

As a reference to incidents at County and State Fairs, keeping in mind that Elkhart County is bigger than a lot of STATE fairs, and 2nd largest county fair in the nation:

Elkhart county Fair is not the 2nd largest in attendence or size.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lake County has signs posted No Firearms...but that makes me wonder if that is only during the time that the fair is taking place and not any other time?

FYI...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...62480-lake_county_fair_experience_thread.html

Short answer it's LEGAL to carry on said property but since it's private property you can be asked to leave and if you don't then it's treaspassing.

During the "fair" they don't want any guns. At other times it's "ok" as they have the gun show there as well.

-Jedi

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    FYI...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...62480-lake_county_fair_experience_thread.html

Short answer it's LEGAL to carry on said property but since it's private property you can be asked to leave and if you don't then it's treaspassing.

During the "fair" they don't want any guns. At other times it's "ok" as they have the gun show there as well.

-Jedi

The Lake County fairgrounds is not private property. It is public property. You are free to carry there as you wish. If you are attending an event there, only the areas controlled by that event would be subject to "No Guns" restrictions. For example, sometimes the gun show is going on there alongside another event. You are free to carry on the fairgrounds property and enter the gun show with firearms, but if the other event wanted their building gun-free, they could ask you to leave.

Except... when the fair is going on. In that case, the fairgrounds are controlled by the Lake County Fair Board, which IS a private entity, and their No Guns signs can be enforced by asking you to leave.

Bottom line, those permanent signs that say "no guns" are useless and can be disregarded. It all comes down to the rules of the people running the events there and how much of the grounds they control.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I know this is probably a duh answer, but I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. Looking on Beacon at the Johnson County Fairgrounds it reads that the owner of one section of the fairgrounds is Johnson County, the other half reads the owner is "Fairgrounds" however it as the same address. Would this imply the owner of the whole fairgrounds is Johnson County and therefore is not off limits?

Top Bottom