• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    How big do the biggest carp in Northern Indiana get? I heard tales when I was a kid of a old hillbilly that caught both a 42 and 38 pounder in a mud bottom NWI lake in the late 1960's.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Would appreciate the bait links. Thanks, and I'll have to stop by Merrifield Park and take a look around see if I can find the Sand Bar. The "Monkey Island" near the golf course still eludes me as far as googlemaps goes. I see no island. Thanks
    Its flooded over on google maps. It doesnt help that they labeled a cart path as a road either. The road to it last year was flooded forever. It was nice to walk out to it though because no one else would be around, but i never had much luck there (bass fishing) i have seen carp swimming in between the road and island though during the summer.
    monkeyisland_zps3bebdaf0.jpg

Yellow = flooded road, i ended it where you can still see the road and the bridge to monkey island. yellow circle is monkey island.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Very nice map job thank you. About worsted, I will get on it this spring, I been told 10#'s all spring long. Looking forward to hitting them at right time I hope.

CarpinGunNut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hey Jathan and T, Hawkeye here(couldn't use my normal internet handle since it was already taken), just made a profile on here and of course one of the first things I had to do was search "carp" good to see some sensible people amongst all the bowfishing nonsense on here

leakywaders

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    highland ind
    August 21st 2010 caught 4 carp over 20lbs in portage in lake michigan on pineapple corn on a hair rig then had a major heart attack and woke up in northwestern hospital in chicago 3 weeks later. best day carping!

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Hey Jathan and T, Hawkeye here(couldn't use my normal internet handle since it was already taken), just made a profile on here and of course one of the first things I had to do was search "carp" good to see some sensible people amongst all the bowfishing nonsense on here

Welcome aboard INGO CarpinGunNut AKA Hawkeye lol. There's a few fellows on here that have the fever for carpin. But being a gun forums you'll have the bow guys. Most are pretty respectful of us rod and real guys though.

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    I have personally seen a man pull out a carp from pike lake that was over 25lbs. I have heard stories of 30-40lbers.
    Pike Lake is where the state record common carp was caught out of on rod and real. 42+pounds. There in there just have to get through all the small ones first. Theres going to be a couple get togethers up there this summer. I will have to get the dates and times on here.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Best carp bait ever:

smashed up Wheaties
    can of corn

mix it up and add water....but keep it as doughy and sticky as possible so you can form it around treble hooks.

carp love it!!!!!

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Man Im glad to see there are at least a few carp fishermen on INGO. I may have to see about putting together an INGO carp fishing meet, greet and fish get together.

What do ye all say??

Top Bottom