• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Basically if you want anything paying $15/hr+ then you're probably going to need at least an associate's degree. At least in the medical field. Look into OT/A or PT/A. 2 year degree, dayshift hours, M-F, starting pay $16/hr on up

RN's the shizz......If had'a 25-30 yr do-over.....I'd throw the hammer/saws down, and trade fer scrubs....:yesway:
    Last Ex is 1 the top RN's on'a heart floor at Floyd......knocks on'a door o' 90K a yr......schedule can suk, which was the main problem in our case.....we still txt/communicate back'n forth.....an' she still perty hot @ 49.......:):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've never had a problem getting FT/PRN jobs, but I don't think my gender made much of a difference. I could be wrong though.

Dunno, just going by what my wife said. Both of our neighbors were nurses, too. The male half only worked weekends, two 16 hour shifts and got paid for 40 hours, plus he'd sometimes work a Wednesday and get paid overtime. He told me the same thing, male nurses are always in demand in the ER. From what I saw, it seems like all nurses are in demand, males just a bit more in certain specialties, but no one's having trouble getting hired.

I strongly considered it. When I was in Kansas, I did the CNA program because it was mandatory before doing LPN or RN school. When I moved back to Indiana I stupidly decided to buy into the hype and do IT instead.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    Here is a company in Noblesville that offers online classes for EMT-B.

Home Page - Emergency Medical Classes

Most work is done online and I think there are 6 required in class sessions. There is currently a class that started last month and ends in December. From the website looks like no additional EMT-B scheduled at this time. I think the class was $700 and around $300 for the books.

My company employs EMT-Bs and we pay $13 per hour. We are small so no other benefits at this time.

Top Bottom