• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    FYI, my round count was 278 carbine and 68 pistol. I figured it would have been more than that. But, a lot of the drills were low count mags and transitions so it makes sense. Excellent training. Thanks guys!
    If you weren’t such a tight ass and put down enough suppressive fire for you supposed best buddy during the ‘break contact’ drill you would have shot more.
    Just kidding and always a pleasure training with you.
    I think we all, instructors included, learn something at every level carbine event.
    Who would have guessed food coloring, dawn dishwashing soap and human urine would be such a good substitute for blood during the ‘down limb’ exercise.
    Just kidding it was Ivory.

• Haha
    Reactions: Hop

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If you weren’t such a tight ass and put down enough suppressive fire for you supposed best buddy during the ‘break contact’ drill you would have shot more.
    Just kidding and always a pleasure training with you.
    I think we all, instructors included, learn something at every level carbine event.
    Who would have guessed food coloring, dawn dishwashing soap and human urine would be such a good substitute for blood during the ‘down limb’ exercise.
    Just kidding it was Ivory.
    Hahaha! Hey man, I downloaded my first carbine mag during the break contact drill so I could lay down suppressive fire with my pistol. Suppressive fire with a pistol is a good idea right? Fun stuff as usual!

And now I know why my wife said I smelled like **** when I got home.

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    62e5c87706c11.webp

@Brad69, @nad63, @SmileDocHill, @MohawkSlim, @FrankC
    A HUGE thank you for the planning, cat wrangling and execution that goes on behind the scenes to make these available.

Round count: ( I didn't feel like I was holding onto them, but I wasn't sending 3 for 1 either. )
    250 rifle
    50 pistol (~75 if I had transitioned more often)

Excellent class, instructors and shooters. Everyone was extra aware of muzzle discipline and safe handling.

This was not an introductory class, but it wasn't full of high-speed low-drag MF'ers either. Having sorted equipment and a prepared mindset from Carbine 1 is a requirement to begin.

We did exert a moderate level of physical activity and the heat and humidity weighed heavy. When you can see your breath at 70 degrees... In hindsight, perhaps a round of golf and beer drinking the afternoon before was a less than optimal decision. :faint:

Thoroughly enjoyed the class and the camaraderie.
    Now if I can just figure out how to convince the rest of 'em to get off the couch and come participate/volunteer. This is some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

The level that this course (and most RRs courses) provides is unbelievable at their price point. I'm not sure where else you'd be able to attend anything similar to this nearby, regardless of the cost.
    I've gone looking as I can't always make these dates and must settle for DNR range rules or IDPA/USPSA/MultiGun stages.

"Big name" traveling instructors are 8-10x, the few others within a 5hr drive are 3-5x AND have prerequisites of attending their intro courses (2-5 of 'em at :spend:). Frankly, those options aren't teaching anything different except maybe how to carry a lighter wallet and suffer a stiffer delivery.

Some of us can retrograde more quickly than others old man. Helps when you're hittin' your targets too. :stickpoke:

Less time in contact plus fewer misses equals less ammo expended. :rules:

Top Bottom