• ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Fake news!

It's a Toyota, aren't they bulletproof!

A lot of good suggestions in this thread, but the best may be to make a mental note and never grab that car again...

Glad I have an assigned company ride, who's only driver is me, myself, and I (sometimes the wife). 182k on the last one and it still looked/drove new...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Could be a tire out of balance or maybe a belt separating. But, could also be a hub bearing or a suspension component with just a skosh of excess play. If it's not causing any steering wheel "shimmy" try to see if the vibration has a more pronounced feel in the seat. If you feel it more in the seat it's most likely in the rear of the car. If it's only a slight vibration, send it. Nothing parties like a rental or a loaner
    My wife's old Venza had issues similar to those described by CMonk that would come and go seemingly randomly and it ended up being the hub bearing.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Oh, with lotsa noise, he says. Well that's easy. Wheel hub(s) giving up the ghost.

Back in the bad old days when I owned a Dakota, I got really good at changing out wheel hubs. Piece of junk went through at least 3 of them. Thankfully, I always got 'em before they went from midnight blue to cherry red.
    Last time I ever owned a Dodge, and last time I ever went with OEM replacements for Dodge. Crap. Pure Crap.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fake news!

It's a Toyota, aren't they bulletproof!

A lot of good suggestions in this thread, but the best may be to make a mental note and never grab that car again...

Glad I have an assigned company ride, who's only driver is me, myself, and I (sometimes the wife). 182k on the last one and it still looked/drove new...
    They are bulletproof up to 200k.

This has 203k. Dammit! LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll mention it to my transportation guy when I get home. I suspect I'll be driving this again in 2 weeks. We'll see what he says. (and if it gets fixed next week)

Thanks everyone

Top Bottom