• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I forgot to lock my car this morning when I went into work at 6 am. I have a work pass that allows me to park in a downtown Indy parking garage.

When I came out at Noon I realized the car was unlocked. It smelled like cigarette smoke (not a smoker) so I knew something was up. Nothing seemed to be missing until I checked the trunk. All of the pockets of my get home bag were unzipped. Someone had grabbed my camp knife and two spare Glock 19 mags which were loaded with 9mm self defense rounds.

They left two .38 cal speed loaders and the rest of the contents. They also left the 1000 rd case of range ammo I just picked up and haven't brought inside yet.

I'm kicking myself for leaving the car unlocked. Fortunately the pistol was with me, but I'm angry that I may have just armed a scum bag with 30 rounds of premium JHPs. Now waiting for officer to arrive so I can file a report.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Ugh. Almost certainly one of the homeless folks in that area. Finding an unlocked car to sit in while smoking and drinking a beer is a common practice, I'm told. Glad he wasn't enterprising enough to try and grab and stash the case of range ammo.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ok. It looks like I jumped the gun. After the officer arrived I started to do a better inventory and found the mags. I had stuffed them into a rolled up pair of socks in case someone ever did get into the bag they wouldn't immediately find them. It looks like the plan worked, I had just forgotten where I hid them.

That makes me feel better, although I don't like the idea of someone going through the trunk. Still a wake up call to always double check to make sure the car is locked.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Glad your plan worked. Believe it or not they make skivvies with faux skid marks. They are actually dual layer and there is a space to put in thin things like cash.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom