• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's exactly what a cat is thinking and that's exactly why I will never own one.

Do cats serve any purpose besides ice cold companionship and occasional rodent disposal?

Reading this post I was going to say "Sighting in your pellet gun..." But....

Targets!................................... :D

I kid, I kid!!!!!

....he summed it up well. :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    That's exactly what a cat is thinking and that's exactly why I will never own one.

Do cats serve any purpose besides ice cold companionship and occasional rodent disposal?

I felt exactly the same way, until a few years ago when my wife insisted we get a cat.

I mean, I HATED cats. However, this one is a keeper. TOTAL love bug. When you come home he puts his front paws on your shin and reaches up to be picked up, then settles over your shoulder like you would hold a baby and just purrs. He is one of the rare "lap cats" and acts more like a dog sometimes, than a cat.

He is one in a million, and I can't believe how much I actual like this darn cat, lol.

</threadjack>

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    26317_1323848053987_1164420058_31237593_5109183_n.jpg

ACK! You said you wouldn't be home until this evening!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I felt exactly the same way, until a few years ago when my wife insisted we get a cat.

I mean, I HATED cats. However, this one is a keeper. TOTAL love bug. When you come home he puts his front paws on your shin and reaches up to be picked up, then settles over your shoulder like you would hold a baby and just purrs. He is one of the rare "lap cats" and acts more like a dog sometimes, than a cat.

He is one in a million, and I can't believe how much I actual like this darn cat, lol.

</threadjack>

Yeah, I've met cool cats before, but they are very rare.

I don't have a strong hatred for cats or anything, but I'm slightly allergic(just enough for it to be annoying), so that's another reason I wouldn't one.

My friend has a cat that can actually do a few commands(sit, lay and fetch); that is one of the few cats I've ever met that I would take in if something happened to its owner.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm slightly allergic

Me, too. But my daughter has one.
    Did you know "the darker the cat, the worse your allergic reaction"?
    Her cat is black. Ugh.

My friend has a cat that can actually do a few commands(sit, lay and fetch);

Yep, ours is selectively like that.
    For everyone else, she acts like a stereotypical cat.

For the spousal unit, she acts like a dog.
    When MiniJet or I tell her to "sit" or "lay down", she just gives us the blank stare.

When HE says it, she does it. It's annoying. She'll come running when he calls her name, too.

Bah.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    My last cat was fairly command savvy ...it's surprising what a spray bottle of water and a bit of classic conditioning can train a cat. The cat also had quite a vocabulary and, at times, sounded as though it was saying "helloooo???" Loosely translated, it meant "Hey, human! Where's my breakfast???"

I inherited the cat from my sister who was moving out to Portland, OR. Apparently I bought the wrong type/brand of cat food for it ....was funny to see her (the cat, not my sister) digging through the food dish wondering where the "real" cat food was. :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Me, too. But my daughter has one.
    Did you know "the darker the cat, the worse your allergic reaction"?
    Her cat is black. Ugh.

Yep, ours is selectively like that.
    For everyone else, she acts like a stereotypical cat.

For the spousal unit, she acts like a dog.
    When MiniJet or I tell her to "sit" or "lay down", she just gives us the blank stare.

When HE says it, she does it. It's annoying. She'll come running when he calls her name, too.

Bah.

That's how it always works...Animals(and kids, for that matter) respond to deeper voices.

I'm not complaining, but it sure as heck drives Kara nuts.:):

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    NO way dude! I'm on INGO too and I saw what Fletch and HandK49031 posted. GET AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT RAZOR!!!!!!

Top Bottom