• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you argee or disagree with capital punishment?

• Total voters

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I voted that I agree, and in theory, I do.

However, in practice, you cannot guarantee me that there are no innocent people in prison, or on death row. In fact, I know that there are innocents in those places as it's been proven in the past (will have to look up cases again.)

I need an iron-clad guarantee that the person is guilty before agreeing to capital punishment.

Josh <><

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Does it bother you to put down a sick or rabid animal?

Absolutely it does. As a teen, I did not cry when my great-grandmother died almost ten years ago, and I didn't when my grandmother died last winter.

But I am known to when I put animals down because of old age or mortal wounds.

I don't like the idea of capital punishment, but it is necessary.

I would also be a fan of hard-labor -- another effective deterrent. If we had actual chain gangs that would bust rock or whatever, I bet when people actually have to do a bit of suffering, they'll be deterred.

Now, our prisoners live better than people in poverty who obey the law, and many of them get to get college degrees while in prison, on my dime! Where's the justice in that!?:xmad:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I voted that I agree, and in theory, I do.

However, in practice, you cannot guarantee me that there are no innocent people in prison, or on death row. In fact, I know that there are innocents in those places as it's been proven in the past (will have to look up cases again.)

I need an iron-clad guarantee that the person is guilty before agreeing to capital punishment.

Josh <><

I voted that I don't agree with Capital Punishment, but for pretty much the same reasons. I think that there a too many people that are innocent sitting in prison, and there is too much corruption. For example the release of death row inmates in Illinois a few years back. There have been other people exonerated of their crimes who still sit in prison. If it can truely be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, then I can agree to capital punishment, as it stands, I think it is a flawed system.

Top Bottom