• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why not just carry 1911's then?

Well? Why not, oh pachydermous one? This is an excellent question.

That's a good question!

I had to temporarily retire my Para-Ordnance guns for maintenance (gunsmith level), but haven't had the time address it (and they may recently have been stolen). I was going to switch to single stacks, but I have an emotional problem with "not enough bullets."

My .45 ACP single stacks sat for a long time unused (years). I shot them a few times in matches a couple of years ago and they developed reliability issues (don't know what changed... they were rock solid when I shot them regularly).

I wanted lots of bullets, minimal expense, and as close to 100% reliability as I could get. At the time, that said "used Glock." Were I to do it today, I'd probably go Walther PPQ, but the ubiquitous nature of Glocks has a lot of advantages.

This was my last 25yd group from a couple weeks ago, 2-3/4". I see a lot of groups like this where I have 3 or 4 grouped together, then 1 or 2 off somewhere else. Either mid group I slightly changed my trigger pull, or the gun shifted in my grip from recoil, something. If I could be consistent, I'm sure I could get it to <2". But like I said, glocks are just unforgiving to the slightest error or inconsistency. It took a lot of work to get to this point... When I first switched to glock, I thought sure something was wrong with the gun, it was brutal!

this was my G35, taran connector kit and sights. Standing, unsupported.

-rvb

Nice shooting!

I feel better when you share that you had to work at it too. There have been periods in the last few years when I could shoot them well, but I was shooting a lot more then. As you said, they are unforgiving of any errors. I need to . . . I'm going to type it, so get ready . . . practice.

Hey! I'm interested but I'm not a Glock owner, and assumed that disqualified me...

1. You are always welcome!
    2. Whatever gun you choose, I'll try to help you shoot it better.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I need to . . . I'm going to type it, so get ready . . . practice.

I made a Venn diagram showing A: what Rhino needs to do and B: what he will do.

;) haha

34484_all_035_03-circles.gif

That's ok, I've barely done any practice the last 18 months or so. Not even enough to maintain skill.... sucking more every day ...

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I made a Venn diagram showing A: what Rhino needs to do and B: what he will do.

;) haha

34484_all_035_03-circles.gif

That's ok, I've barely done any practice the last 18 months or so. Not even enough to maintain skill.... sucking more every day ...

-rvb

That is an accurate statement, sir. Get it? Accurate?

Haha! I crack me up.

Top Bottom