• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The thoroughness of the investigation depends on the circumstances.
    For sure. A guy driving down the road in a car may or may not warrant much LE response. But some tree trimmers reacting to some skin art certainly will.

I would not have called LE. You don't know for sure he had a gun. You just think he did. I am not keen on bringing LE in to a situation based on mere guesses, particularly when their approach is to assume it's gospel truth without bothering to take the time to determine what really happened. What are the chances you "saw" a handgun because you thought he was making other firearm related gestures just before?

No harm, no foul? MYOB.

sailorguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    For sure. A guy driving down the road in a car may or may not warrant much LE response. But some tree trimmers reacting to some skin art certainly will.

I would not have called LE. You don't know for sure he had a gun. You just think he did. I am not keen on bringing LE in to a situation based on mere guesses, particularly when their approach is to assume it's gospel truth without bothering to take the time to determine what really happened. What are the chances you "saw" a handgun because you thought he was making other firearm related gestures just before?

No harm, no foul? MYOB.

/\ /\ This /\ /\

Appreciate all the comments. MYOB is my style. Just venting!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

No harm, no foul? MYOB.

Exactly, people calling LE for every little thing can have the unintended consequence of that person who was minding their own business winding up dead for no reason.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Full disclosure: Lifetime NRA and CC Indiana. Military trained.
    Member of INGO for quite a while. Don't post but read, listen and learn from those that add value.
    Story setting: Driving east on 136 from Brownsburg to Cleremont.
    Details: I'm driving about the speed limit, maybe 2-3 over. Pickup driven by someone in a hurry approaches me
    from behind very quickly. Approaches the back of my suv in such a manner I cant see much of his truck but can see his windshield. IE: I cant see any of his hood. THAT CLOSE.
    So, he gets pissed and starts waving his hands. I'm thinking....just another douchebag on the road. He gets REAL close to my bumper. I lift off the gas to send a message. He starts gesturing like he is loading a shotgun and pointing it at the back of my suv. I start to break and gesture Im pulling over with hand gesture and blinker and break to pull of the side of the road so he can be on his way. (Not interested in young man drama).
    I look in the rear view mirror and see he needs to take corrective action in order to not hit me......BECAUSE he is so close and his hands are not on the wheel. His hands were still doing the "air shotgun thing" and not on the wheel. He takes corrective action and gets under control and then proceeds to tail me (way to closely) with his cell phone taking pictures/video. I pull of the road to enter a parking lot and let this young man go on his way when he passes me and does the "fake hand gun thing" pointed at my truck. When he gets clearly in front of me he waves his hand with what I believe to be a handgun. I could be wrong because of the window tinting but dont think I am.
    I let him pass and get behind him in order to get his license plate. (You never know). ALSO, he has a large visible NRA decal on the rear window. Now I'm just disappointed!
    He pulls into the the parking lot of the gun store in Cleremont. I continue on.

SO----Question #1: Should I have called LEO on him?
    #2: What should we do to "self-police" those behaving badly in order to protect the rest of us?

As a proud NRA member the whole situation just makes me sad and worry about the future.

You were being followed by Joe Biden?? I would have called the police. That's no way for the vice president to behave... :):

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Calling the cops would probably have been a waste of time. It'd be your word vs. his, especially since there was no damage nor injuries. When I'm in no particular hurry and I know folks behind me are, rather than brake check them, I'll often just pull to the side and let them pass.
    Even though you are right, I tend to get pissed when someone does that to me. Usually I will take my foot all the way off the gas pedal till I`m going maybe 30-35. They either get more pissed and go around me, or they get the message and back off.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I've always found it easier to play it cool. Just park nearby and discreetly follow them home and return later that night and set their house on fire. No need to get all mad and such.:dunno:
    I see what ya did there, but its not like his Christmas gifts were stolen.

OP, welcome to INGO.

Im not sure about the area you guys are from, but in Ft. Wayne, a call to the Police Dept describing a very aggressive driver with the suspicion of brandishing a weapon would have summoned about 5 police cars in a big hurry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    I understand the feeling. I think all of us would like to see guys like this receive what they deserve, but that will happen soon enough, especially when they run into someone just like themselves. There's no reason to confront this person since he didn't really present a danger. Personally, I like to really upset them by waving and smiling back at them. That really frustrates them. (Blowing kisses at them really gets them, but that may be over the top.) :):

Lmao.....omg I have to try the blowing kisses next time I get an a-hole behind me tailgating, swinging their arms and pounding the steering wheel in frustration. Geeze people start giving yourself more time to get places so you are not rushing around. I think I would have made the call to Leo if I thought he was being irresponsible waving a handgun around, you never know and his temper...geeze being a responsible ltch holder I would never gesture anything like a gun at anyone...you never know who is in the other car and has a loaded weapon and road rage. Glad nothing came of it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Lmao.....omg I have to try the blowing kisses next time I get an a-hole behind me tailgating, swinging their arms and pounding the steering wheel in frustration. Geeze people start giving yourself more time to get places so you are not rushing around.
    You can always tell who the slow pokes holding up traffic are; they seem to think the only reason people want to drive fast is because we're late.

I think I would have made the call to Leo if I thought he was being irresponsible waving a handgun around, you never know and his temper...geeze being a responsible ltch holder I would never gesture anything like a gun at anyone...you never know who is in the other car and has a loaded weapon and road rage. Glad nothing came of it.

Well, we kinda do know. He didn't fire a round, so he can't have that bad of a temper. And OP wasn't even sure there really was a handgun.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yard work, carpentry, guns and The Weather Channel.

You forgot philosophy.

My father had a similar simple way of saying things as well. He used to say "you wouldn't worry what everyone thought about you, if you realized how little they did". That's the one that stuck with me the most through the years.

Top Bottom