• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Now the story goes on. I called and asked to speak with the owner and was told he would be in the store in 10 minutes, so I live just around the block from there so I drive down to the station only to be met at the door by Joe jack a$s. He says I must lift up my shirt prior to entering the store.
    That's gone to far now. The owner is there but I can speak with him as long as I am not carrying!! Lift up your shirt or leave.... THAT'S GONE TO FAR.. Good bye. I do not need to spend my time and money in such a place. No more from me on this subject. I hope no one faces this (EVER) how bad can it get? Thanks for letting me rant.:xmad:

Just show up with no gun and hand out the "No gun=No $" card to the owner. Maybe just maybe, he isn't aware of his employee's shenanigans.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now the story goes on. I called and asked to speak with the owner and was told he would be in the store in 10 minutes, so I live just around the block from there so I drive down to the station only to be met at the door by Joe jack a$s. He says I must lift up my shirt prior to entering the store.
    That's gone to far now. The owner is there but I can speak with him as long as I am not carrying!! Lift up your shirt or leave.... THAT'S GONE TO FAR.. Good bye. I do not need to spend my time and money in such a place. No more from me on this subject. I hope no one faces this (EVER) how bad can it get? Thanks for letting me rant.:xmad:
    I thought you and him had it worked out and you we're GTG because he was under the assumption that you were a retired LEO? :dunno:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    images

images

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    ...but said if I was an off duty police officer or a retired officer it's ok!" "So I said, no problem, I just retired last year from our local department." "Well then your OK." He rang up my milk and off I went. He did not ask to see prof of retirement or anything of the likes.

And I did not lend him to think I was retired Police, I just said very stupidly "ok I'm retired" Not I'm retired Police, he said you have to be a police officer or a retired peace officer. And I am retired.

So, which time did you lie to us?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    He's within his rights to bar you entry to his property.
    But can just any employee set policy? Or does it have to be the owner or his authorized agent (shift leader, local manager?) In other words I don't think a kid at McDonalds sweeping the floor can tell me HE doesn't allow guns in the store. It would have to be a manager and then only if that policy was followed by all managers on all shifts.

Am I on the right track?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    But can just any employee set policy? Or does it have to be the owner or his authorized agent (shift leader, local manager?) In other words I don't think a kid at McDonalds sweeping the floor can tell me HE doesn't allow guns in the store. It would have to be a manager and then only if that policy was followed by all managers on all shifts.

Am I on the right track?

Not just any employee will be allowed to set policy, but trespassing laws are not based upon policies.
    Any employee may ask you to leave for any reason - that is your legal notice regardless of company position or policy.

Now, that employee may be reprimanded or fired for doing so; you may even receive an apology from their boss and welcomed back, but policy and law are simply not connected in this instance.

Top Bottom