• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Bloomington still has the impossible to see setup, and no guns... I doubt they will ever get guns in the Bloomington WM

I'm not a big fan of the B'town Walmart either. Given the choice, I would much rather shop at the Bedford one. They seem to do slightly better keeping their ammo in stock, plus the overall store isn't as crowded as Bloomington either. Unfortunately, both have crappy layouts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been doing refrigeration work at Wal-Marts for years. Recently stopped as they suck to work for. The small town stores are usually manned with pleasant staff but the big stores just suck. I would buy ammo while there and the prices are good, service sucks. Did I mention that they suck.

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    The newest WM in South Bend had to fight a bit with the South Bend city goverment (huge surprise) to be allow to sell ammo (if I remember correctly) Glad they won the fight. I usually buy the Winchester White Box 100 round boxes for practice at the WM on Ireland or the Portage Rd Store.

At Portage Rd. I've had to wait or come back after lunch as they have not been able to find the key more than once. If it weren't priced right I wouldn't shop that store.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Glad you had a good experience. I get equally good experiences 100% of the time I'm at the Lebanon Wal-Mart. In fact, they almost always have a little of every caliber in stock. (Probably not now for people in the area who will start buying my calibers!!!)

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    michigan city and la porte are horrible. if u dont tell someone right when u walk in to the store. its a 20 min wait. nobody ever knows who has keys to the cabinet

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Merrillville walmart has a good selection, i grab targeting ammo there all the time.

But.....yes you will wait until you are vintage.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    +1 for the Plymouth Wal-mart... They have the new layout and generally are well stocked. More often than not, there is someone manning the counter that is reasonably knowledgeable (and has the key)... Stocked up on Federal 9mm (100 rounds for $20) today.

--- NavyVet

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    The one in crawfordsville is behind the counter. Stood there for five minutes last weekend while the guy talked to his buddy. Said the heck with it and went to Big R, payed just a little more but they seem to have good service there.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I know the thread is about Wal-mart, but the Meijer near 38th on the west side had a pretty good stock of ammo, it reminded me of Walmart's layout. I need to compare prices next time.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Columbus stores better than they have been in the past. Tired of waiting for somebody to help you? I've googled the local stores number on my phone, called it, and requested customer service in sporting goods!! Usually see somebody within a minute:rockwoot:

Top Bottom