• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Mailed paper application with Revocable Trust copy on Oct 28th of last year. Today my dealer called and said he had received the stamp. I picked it up today. He couldn't figure out why I had received it so fast either. Yep--a little over 3 months time from mailing to receipt. ??Must be my clean living and polish name!!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    And that was a paper Form 4 on a Trust? I'm still waiting on the Form 3 dealer to dealer and it's been 5+ weeks now.

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Yep--it was paper application with a trust. It may have helped that I had the trust for many years. Or maybe--I was just lucky---

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I sent mine in beginning of November, and watching NFAtracker, they could be approved any week now.

Some insight from NFAtracker, for forms sent in after 10/1/2014 (F4 Trust or LLC/Corp, paper):
    Times:
    seqFromToDays
    1Form DeliveredCheck Cashed3
    2Check CashedPending5
    3PendingApproved86
    4ApprovedStamp Received8
    5Forms DeliveredStamp Received107

That's a shade under 90 days from Pending to Approved. If you look at forms sent in after 11/1/14, the number actually goes down to 68 days! Of course, that's only the ones that have made it all the way through, so it will skew "faster."

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I put a paper Form 4 to my trust for a Huntertown Guardian 22 SS back in the beginning of September. The stamp came in before Christmas.

They are definitely getting faster. I hope the same applies to the new one I just filed for my new machine gun.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Word is they added a few examiners and offer 24/7 unlimited overtime. I looked up the salaries of the recent examiners, and with just a quick search the only one I could get at was GS-12 in 2013. Overtime in GS-12/13 land is nothing to sneeze at; may be why it's a bit quicker now...

Top Bottom