• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    To tired? To hot? To busy? My wife is wanting to do all canning for you, willing to do this one of two ways, you can pay outright or we split 50/50 what ever is canned. Basically you supply all the jars and food for canning and she will can the product for half of the food. She has been doing canning for years and really just loves to do it. She can do just about anything you can imagine beans,jams,jellys,meat,pickles,peppers,salsa,sauce,apple butter,corn, you name it...
    Also if you have any other ideas or thoughts on a bartering method for her doing the canning let us know.

Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    We figured it might be a win/win idea, people can have things from their garden processed if they didn't have the know how or the time. And we also win by getting some of the goods. Might also look into a way to teach the art of canning,preserving wine making too....she makes a killer jalapeño wine....lol

DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    mmmm Apple butter. Does she sell everything outright herself instead of supplying the jars and contents? Not too sure on how to make some quality homemade apple butter.

Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    If we get a good crop of apples this year at a decent price, I post back to you on the apple butter. This drought is already ruining crops and food prices are on the rise. The news stated corn has gone up 30 percent already. Went out to the field last night to check blackberries, they are fried, got 5 berries. I am a huge fan of apple butter too!

Top Bottom