Canary Island volcano eruption warnings.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Looked up that volcano and now understand why a major eruption could be deadly for the east coast of the US, all of England, Portugal, and north west Africa. The volcano is under water and if it erupts, it would be like a huge bomb going off under the ocean.

Let's hope this one is a slow burn like Kilauea in Hawaii and not an explosive eruption like Mt St. Helens.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looked up that volcano and now understand why a major eruption could be deadly for the east coast of the US, all of England, Portugal, and north west Africa. The volcano is under water and if it erupts, it would be like a huge bomb going off under the ocean.

Let's hope this one is a slow burn like Kilauea in Hawaii and not an explosive eruption like Mt St. Helens.

The danger is that half of the island can fall off into the ocean. The water displaced will create HUGE tsunamis. They would make Japan look like a gentle tide. Think hundreds of feet tall.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    I certainly don't want a tidal wave to take out the East Coast. I rather like the Outer Banks and don't want to see it wiped out. Plus I have a niece in Baltimore, at the moment, going to school. Nope. Hope for a long, slow, oozy eruption.

On the other hand, if it does, We'll be the outer banks, and you won't have nearly as far to travel!

Top Bottom