• edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For instance:

-A "public" pool used to mean "Whites Only," thus giving rise to "Colored/Black" Pools.
    -The Miss America competition used to mean "White women only," thus giving rise to "Miss Black America."
    -MLB used to mean "White players only," giving rise to the Negro Leagues
    -Harvard, Yale, and Princeton used to mean "White students only," so came along "Black" colleges

Why didn't these institutions just dispense with the confusion, and call themselves "whites only places?" ....simple, because there was no confusion. They were part of the norm, the status quo.

The key here is "used to".

Public pools, Miss America, Major League Baseball, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, haven't been "Whites Only" for a LONG, LONG time.

Which is why I believe students have the right for example to have a "Black Student Union" or a "White Student Union".

But it would much less divisive to just have a "Student Union" and stop living in the past.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The key here is "used to".

Public pools, Miss America, Major League Baseball, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, haven't been "Whites Only" for a LONG, LONG time.

Which is why I believe students have the right for example to have a "Black Student Union" or a "White Student Union".

But it would much less divisive to just have a "Student Union" and stop living in the past.

Yep. After WWII, it took the Jews what? Maybe 5 or 6 years to recover and become successful in society? How long will it take the black community to stop blaming their problems on slavery and segregation? We're still waiting for that.

Stop playing the victim. Stop playing the race card. We're all humans, let's start acting like it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Yep. After WWII, it took the Jews what? Maybe 5 or 6 years to recover and become successful in society? How long will it take the black community to stop blaming their problems on slavery and segregation? We're still waiting for that.

Stop playing the victim. Stop playing the race card. We're all humans, let's start acting like it.

The "black community" ... yeah right every black person is unsuccessful and blaming whitey .... give me a freaky break.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You used the term "black community", based on your previous post on INGO I found this surprising, too many times people think there is one "blackness", "the black experience", etc.

I do not associate every person of any color with any group simply for being that color. You know there is an issue with the "black lives matter" kind of people. No, not all black people are of that mindset. I am looking at that particular group of people when I make my comments. I work with someone like that. His skin color gets him out of whatever task he doesn't want to do, and if you try to make him do something, it's because he's black, and you're a racist. If you hate Obama, it's because you're a racist.

That kind of mentality has to stop. I've talked to a lot of black people that don't subscribe to the helpless victim ideology. They work hard, and don't want or expect a handout. The other side of that is a lot of white people do have that mindset. The trend, however, is there, there's no denying it. I never said, nor will I say, that this is a "black" problem. It is a "mental" problem. If you keep playing the victim, and allow yourself to be manipulated, like so many do, then you will never rise above that status, and you will forever remain a victim. The problem is that the enemy is not who they think it is.

Government enslaved them. Government still enslaves them. They allow themselves to remain chained, while blaming those trying to release them for their enslavement.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Not trying to be personally offensive, but this seems the most apt way to say it. The ignorance of the above is staggering. I'll let you ponder a spell, and see if you come up with the answer for yourself, why there no comparison.

Top Bottom