Can you use a laser at friday night steel.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aijk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Eminence
    I went to my first friday night steel match last weekend and i was wondering my options. I have a mark iii and am either going to put a red dot or a laser on it. I have both so i thought id ask. I didn't see anyone there with one.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    IIRC, you can bring anything as long as it's in a caliber approved by the range, but if you're shooting a pistol with anything other than iron sights you're probably going to be shooting in the high speed, low drag Open class...I bet someone will be along shortly to post a link to the classification rules.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I was wondering the same thing. I had mine with me last Friday, but didn't ask to use it. (I recently bought an inexpensive NcSTAR green laser at Bradis on a whim. I still have to site it in for the average distances in my home for HD purposes.)

Myself, I'm not too worried about the FNS scoring as much as the unique opportunity for practice that FNS offers me.

Plus the people are always great.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Seems like they wont allow it, I seem to remember someone using one being denied. I think it would be fun. It is no different than a red dot. Maybe it should fall under open class.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    You could go to marion co. monthly meeting and suggest their use and then vote it in. I work nights so I don't get to go anymore. Meetings are on calander at Indyrange.com.

Top Bottom