• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...also true. :lol2:

I just think the overly broad brush will come back to bite you more often than not. ;)

[/endthreadjack]

Good luck for the friend getting their LTCH.:)

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I was charged with misdemaener OWI on Feb. 13 , 2009 , I applied i Oct. 09 and recieved my Lifetime LTCH in I think Dec. 09

First ever offense , and hopefully my last , lesson learned .

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I only recall " have you ever been convicted of a crime that could have resulted in a jail sentence longer than one year". Or something to that effect. And any conviction for domestic violence. I think as long as it's a misdemeanor owi , with a max jail sentence of one year or less, it shouldn't be an issue. Then again, I'm no lawyer.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Soonerdoggy said:
    It was an experiment and I didnt know it was a problem and didnt figure anyone would even look at it but a whole bunch got all twisted and I got hate mail from a mod adn on and on. I thought by making my own thread no one would care and then i would delete it, but I couldnt find out how to delete it.

It was just because i was wanting to ask a guy a question on a gun he had for sale in the classifieds and it said you have to have 50 posts first. Sounds dumb to me, but whatever.

You're not going to get very far fast bad-mouthing our mods.

The rule is there to prevent exactly what you're attempting to do. This is a forum first and a classifieds second.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes you can. 1 no wait. 2 (or more) three year wait after the last.
    ETA But that is all alcohol related not just owi. PIs/OWIS reduced to reckless/minor possession/etc.
    IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    IC 35-47-1-2
    "Alcohol abuser"
    Sec. 2. "Alcohol abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more alcohol related offenses, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.

Soonerdoggy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    You're not going to get very far fast bad-mouthing our mods.

The rule is there to prevent exactly what you're attempting to do. This is a forum first and a classifieds second.

No one is bad mouthing a Mod. Just stated a fact that happened. Thats all nothing more, nothing less.

I was charged with misdemaener OWI on Feb. 13 , 2009 , I applied i Oct. 09 and recieved my Lifetime LTCH in I think Dec. 09

First ever offense , and hopefully my last , lesson learned .

There's what i was looking for, he got stopped going 1 mile up the road at the wrong time of night and you know how that goes. the video showed no improper driving but the judge said he would give the cop the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, it was Aug 08 and as you know, it takes a year to get thru all of it and he plead to OUI Class C misdemeanor. so it sounds like he will be OK to apply.

thanks... and DONT DRIVE even after 1 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    Be advised that if the individual is still on probation for said OWI, the rules of his probation may prohibit possessing firearms.

Word to the wise.

i got hit for a dui 1-31-09 applied for ltch around may received in july was not convicted of dui until late sept. though. also while on probation i have purchased a few firearms but have been put on the 3 day waiting list

Last edited:
    Top Bottom