• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    It seems like in the last few months people have been getting "bold" here on ingo. I personally enjoyed the neg rep system. Somehow, imaginary dots on an anonymous gun board where no one knew you really kept some people in check :n00b:

I would be willing to donate all my rep to the cause, hell, I'd even take a red badge if it meant we could have neg rep back :D

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Is getting "bold" having opinions that are different from yours?

No. Just noticed there are people stirring the pot more than usual now, and we're getting some people that act like half of arfcom.

I enjoy when people have different opinions than me. As crazy as it sounds, sometimes I'm not right all the time :):

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    No. Just noticed there are people stirring the pot more than usual now, and we're getting some people that act like half of arfcom.

I enjoy when people have different opinions than me. As crazy as it sounds, sometimes I'm not right all the time :):

Stirring the pot is a good thing.

I have always thought it was good to challenge some ones ideas, beliefs, mindset.

Also its good to offend some one once in a while, it helps keep them in check, and maybe just maybe one will think, "why do i believe this?" or "why do i find this offensive" and it will help them grow as a person.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

I have always thought it was good to challenge some ones ideas, beliefs, mindset.

Also its good to offend some one once in a while, it helps keep them in check, and maybe just maybe one will think, "why do i believe this?" or "why do i find this offensive" and it will help them grow as a person.

In that context, yes, stirring the pot IS good. I'm talking about the bad type of stirring the pot: being a borderline troll. Everyone has seen a thread with a post like that. Someone makes an incredibly rude/inappropriate comment and leaves the thread to derail. If I wasn't on a phone, I'd find a few recent threads like that.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It's a good thing that people feel free to speak their minds more now that negative rep is gone. You really get to see people for what they are.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    page__module__images__section__img_ctrl__img__753743__file__med

Trollers gonna troll.

cc28d393-1f7b-4152-a54d-80f140113f2a.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

There is a VERY fine line between "stirring the pot" and "trolling". Most of our pot-stirrers can't tell the difference, and that is why they are no longer welcome.

Top Bottom