Can the president assassinate anyone he wants to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Can the president assassinate anyone he wants to?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No, we mustn't. Looking at every issue from the widest angle means you loose the forest for the trees.

If you focus on OBL alone, we see a tree. If we discuss presidential power and the implications for the rest of the world, you see the forest.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    OBL was not here in this country and was leading a war against us. He is the enemy combatant, no friggin warrant needed!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    dribble dribble dribble

Does Judge Napolitano hate America too? Is it so offensive to want tight reins on the government? Is it so hard to justify your position without attacking me every time you talk to me? Is it so incomprehensible to do things within the confines of due process and the constitution?

more dribble dribble dribble

Judge Napolitano is in the entertainment business. Not unlike Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh or Mark Levine. Back to your regular programming.

Read Section 2 Article 2 of the US Constitution. Focus on the part about Commander in Chief. Close your eyes and envision what that means. When I do that I see the President (not just this one, but any one) calling his secret assassins to terminate our enemies. I'd imagine you see him telling Eric Holder to bring his Miranda card over to the White House and feeding it to the national unicorn.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    While OBL was a terrible person it's a fine line. As someone far smarter than I once said "today's terrorists are tomorrows patriots"

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Assination

I suspect that if the Pres orders troops, the FBI, CIA, ATF or for that matter EPA to detain you or me and whispers in someones ear that he doesn't want that person taken alive then the subject will have the same fate as Ben Ladin.
    Not passing judgement here just recognizing that he is still the most powerful man in the world.

:twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Judge Napolitano is in the entertainment business. Not unlike Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh or Mark Levine. Back to your regular programming.

Well unlike those guys, Napolitano respects and understands the constitution. He is also a Judge, one that gives me some encouragement in this system. Regardless of his TV show, I have no doubt that he believes what he is saying. You can either address his points or dismiss him as an entertainer, unworthy of debating.

Read Section 2 Article 2 of the US Constitution. Focus on the part about Commander in Chief. Close your eyes and envision what that means. When I do that I see the President (not just this one, but any one) calling his secret assassins to terminate our enemies. I'd imagine you see him telling Eric Holder to bring his Miranda card over to the White House and feeding it to the national unicorn.

Commander in Chief. Of course!! :ugh: That's like the International Commerce Clause. The President of the World can do anything by pointing to it.

Okay, I'm closing my eyes. I'm imagining an omnipotent deity, infinitely wise and infinitely just, wielding the power to do anything he wants to without the annoyance of needing Congressional approval, by sending out his unicorn-riding troops to any place on earth to kill anyone he wants to. They never get it wrong and whoever they kill is always a terrorist.

You want limitless executive power, then you give it to the current idiot as well as the next one. I'd prefer some limits and some clarification to where his power ends. Currently there is no discernible limit to that power. Hell, even the CIA guy in the clip says the the American people need to make a decision about Government singling people out for killing.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    dribble dribble dribble

I think it's comical that you ignored all the parts where he asked you to clarify and justify your position with any kind of logic and consistency, instead resorting directly to insults and personal attacks as usual. I read Article 2 Section 2. It didn't answer any of the important points of this debate.

I am open minded on this subject, and I find this discussion interesting. However I do think that if you believe that the president should have the power to order the death of a human being, you should also clarify what limits this power should have (if any). Right now he's doing it thousands of miles away to people you don't know. What will you be saying when it starts happening closer to home? Or do you just not believe that a politician would ever kill someone for personal or political gain?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    OBL should have been taken alive and brought back to US soil where he faced a QUICK trial. He would have obviously been found guilty and sentenced to death.

The killing then should have been broadcast LIVE on Pay-per view and 100% of the proceeds went to pay off our national debt.

Win-win , no conspiracy theories.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    OBL should have been taken alive and brought back to US soil where he faced a QUICK trial. He would have obviously been found guilty and sentenced to death.

The killing then should have been broadcast LIVE on Pay-per view and 100% of the proceeds went to pay off our national debt.

Win-win , no conspiracy theories.
    Sure he "should have" been taken alive, but it's not like the seals walked in there and OBL was like "ok, good job guy's, you got me". when people are firing weapons at each other, people die. simple physics

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    So you dont know?

Its a spontaneous generating version of a new tracking device. Make sure you always clean it out, the CIA is watching. :n00b:

Please, everyone knows the aliens put it there to defeat the CIA tracking devices! By removing it your playing right into the CIA's hands :n00b:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Sure he "should have" been taken alive, but it's not like the seals walked in there and OBL was like "ok, good job guy's, you got me". when people are firing weapons at each other, people die. simple physics

Last I heard HE was unarmed....and he was ASKED if he was going to surrender.

That's like asking a 5 year old if he wants to go to a time-out. What did you think the answer would be?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    There was lead flying for 40+ minutes. OBL was a military target and he did not surrender. End of story.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Last I heard HE was unarmed....and he was ASKED if he was going to surrender.

That's like asking a 5 year old if he wants to go to a time-out. What did you think the answer would be?
    last I heard he was using his wife as a human shield. Doesn't matter because he's being shat out buy a shark at this point. oh well! guess I'll have a sandwich.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    last I heard he was using his wife as a human shield. Doesn't matter because he's being shat out buy a shark at this point. oh well! guess I'll have a sandwich.

Yeah, sounds like he was a coward to me.

However, if he was hiding behind his wife UNARMED, that changes your physics equation.

Top Bottom