Can someone take pictures of a stock CZ75 Compact slide for me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    My dad has a 75 Compact that he wants to put a red dot on. I've been looking at mounting options other than milling the slide, thus a dovetail optics mount. EGW said theirs won't work with the Compact slide. It doesn't have "enough meat" for it to work. CZ Customs makes one that specifically says 75 Compacts, but I'm not too crazy about the multi-sight footprint they use. If it's the only thing that'll work, then we'll go with it. I emailed Spinger Precision about their mount (which is one piece and they have different models for different footprint options), and they asked me to send pictures of the slide. As I'm wanting to do this as a gift for my dad, I'd rather not ask him to take the photos. I was hoping an INGO member might have one and be willing to take some pictures for me?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The compact dovetail looks very similar to the SP-01 to my eye. I need to get out the calipers and measure them. I had a Sig dovetail optic mount on my SP-01 before I decided to get it milled so if they are the same a dovetail mount should work on a compact.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    The compact dovetail looks very similar to the SP-01 to my eye. I need to get out the calipers and measure them. I had a Sig dovetail optic mount on my SP-01 before I decided to get it milled so if they are the same a dovetail mount should work on a compact.
    That's what's weird to me. Even EGW lists their mount as working with the 75, 85, 97, SP-01, P-01, and PCR, but the Compact won't work, apparently. I thought, like a G17 vs G19, the only difference was the slide and grip lengths.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    That's what's weird to me. Even EGW lists their mount as working with the 75, 85, 97, SP-01, P-01, and PCR, but the Compact won't work, apparently. I thought, like a G17 vs G19, the only difference was the slide and grip lengths.
    Seems strange. It makes more sense if it worked with the 75, 85, SP01, P-01 & Compact. The 97 has a wider slide and the PCR has the flat cut forward of the rear sight. Anyway, I measured my SP01 and SC slide and the dovetails are the same and my SC slide will fit on my SP01.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    FWIW I was looking on CZParts site and they list some of the EGW mounts as fitting “CZ 75B & SP-01, CZ P-01 & CZ 75 Compact”
    which makes more sense.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Seems strange. It makes more sense if it worked with the 75, 85, SP01, P-01 & Compact. The 97 has a wider slide and the PCR has the flat cut forward of the rear sight. Anyway, I measured my SP01 and SC slide and the dovetails are the same and my SC slide will fit on my SP01.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Yes. Thank you for your help!

I heard back from Springer Precision. They said that apparently the dovetail sizes fluctuate, but, depending on what the slide looks like, they can tell whether it's standard size (like newer production guns) or not. I guess this was all superfluous, and I'll have to try to get a super sneaky picture over Easter.

Top Bottom