• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenE84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    I look through the classifieds and see a post that only says bump.........what does this mean, been bugging me for months.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    A post that moves their advertisement to the top of the queue so it can be seen. A seller is allowed one bump per 24 hour period. Also btt and ttt and "back to top" and "to the top" respectively.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Every time someone posts in a thread, it moves to the top of the recent update list. To avoid problems with people trying to constantly keep their ads at the top of the list, the site has a "one bump per day" rule.

debeerman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    In a van down by the river
    I look through the classifieds and see a post that only says bump.........what does this mean, been bugging me for months.

It is a shout out for MC Hammer to sing you can't touch this -- like when people yell freebird at a concert Didn't understand that one until some old guy was yelling it at the Van Halen concert last year in Chicago and he expained it to me that freebird is was a song from the 60's

BenE84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    OhIm too new to post, I do enjoy reading through the listings and seeing whats out there, I didnt bother reading the FAQs which I just did. Thanks

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Since you don't have 50 post you are not even allowed to read them, please stop LOL

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Since you don't have 50 post you are not even allowed to read them, please stop LOL

BUZZZZZZZZ - wong. Try again.

Reading = perfectly fine.

"Participating" in the classifieds system without first having 50 quality posts or being a Site Supporter is the frowned upon activity.

-J-

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    'bump'! is the muffled sound of a round hitting the Classified poster. The local gun shops don't like the competition. Itsa jungle out there......

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Actually they are only allowed to bump their post after 24 hours. Bumping it within 24 hours will get the post removed which will cause it to slide back down the page.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    BUZZZZZZZZ - wong. Try again.

Reading = perfectly fine.

"Participating" in the classifieds system without first having 50 quality posts or being a Site Supporter is the frowned upon activity.

-J-

Sorry, I know it's hard to hear sarcasm through the internet.... It was a joke. As seriously as the 50 post rule is taken around here, I actually am surprised those under 50 even can view classifieds, assuming they could actually be locked until reaching the requirement

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Sorry, I know it's hard to hear sarcasm through the internet.... It was a joke. As seriously as the 50 post rule is taken around here, I actually am surprised those under 50 even can view classifieds, assuming they could actually be locked until reaching the requirement

Another slight variation I have seen on other Internet forums is paid site supporter is the only access to the classified area of the forum.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just to be clear, you can bump your ad 24 hours after the LAST POST not your last post. So if you made a new post/bump 23 hours ago and then another member comes in and says PM sent, you can not bump your ad until his post reads 1 Day. So if you have questions to answer you must do so in the Original Post aka OP which you should be doing anyway (or wait another 24 hours/1day) so that all pertinent information is in a single post so the buyer doesn't have to go looking for answers.

Top Bottom