• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Animal control will not pick up the animal because it is not a domestic animal. You have to haul it off yourself. Be sure you take it at least 20 miles or it will come back. If you need to borrow a trap pm me.
    IIRC you cannot transport a nuisance animal outside of the county that it was caught in for release, the odds of him being able to go 20 miles without leaving the county are slim.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Just use an old bayonet. I actually did this. Was it stupid? Yes. Was it fun? HELL YEA!
    We were on vacation in a small log cabin by a lake, and coons kept scattering our trash cans everywhere. So one night I heard them scrabbling around the can (a steel trashcan can, had a lid on, but they pried it off) So I suited up in boots, jeans, hoodie, gloves, etc. The only part of my face showing was my nose and eyes. Then I took my bayonet and crept up on it while it was facedown in the trashcan and went to town. It came boiling out of that trashcan like you wouldn't believe, but in the end the raccoon was dead and I wasn't...haha. I won't ever do that again though...

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Ah don't kill it, raccoons are actually quite good conversationalists. Went camping and had a bit too much to drink years ago, woke up with a raccoon sitting on my lap (I was in a chair, so it wasn't in my face) and we talked for a little bit, then he ran off.

That or, just put cat food over the neighbors fence, the cat and 'coon will just go over there.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I went on my deck one night to pour some bacon grease out of my cast iron skillet, and noticed someone had left a big bag of dog food outside. I then noticed the bag was moving and had a big bushy tail hanging out.

Lets just say the rest was like something out of Looney Tunes.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Old thread is old.

But for the benefit for anyone who might actually use the search feature:

I agree with the DNR guy. Buy a trap. Bait it with cat food or something. Fill up a trash can with water and drown it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Say what you want, fellas and ladies, but I still think a racoon in the back lawn is a lot like being homosexual in the military. Do what ya gotta do, but be very discreet about it, and don't ask, don't tell.
    But then again, I don't live in town anymore. Hmmmm...........

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I live within the city limits of new castle. Lately I've had a raccoon hanging around on our porch eating our cat food (I wish it would just eat the cat... :D)

Am I allowed to shoot it? Do I have to use a rifle or can I use a pistol?

Either way it'd be a 22lr

Sure!!! I believe that falls into the 3 S's category.

Shoot!!
    Shovel!!
    Shut up!!

Good luck.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sorry, I just read the title as "Can I shoot in Raccoon City limits?"

Why yes, you can. As a matter of fact, you'll probably have to!! :):

residentevilumbrellachrr.jpg

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Sorry, I just read the title as "Can I shoot in Raccoon City limits?"

Why yes, you can. As a matter of fact, you'll probably have to!! :):

residentevilumbrellachrr.jpg
    lol

I remember making a reference to Raccoon City in another thread some time back, but I don't think my target recognized it...

That was a fun game, but I couldn't play it because of the weird controls, that and it totally freaked me out...

I was on edge after running down the hall in the police station and being grabbed through the boarded windows. I was done after going around a corner and seeing a crawler thingy, with the long tongue, quickly run across a window outside right as the screen popped up.

WoodWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Can I Shoot

Think about it! If there is nothing there for the racoon she will go elsewhere. Why bother with trapping it, then you have to transport it,
    and anouther one comes along to fill the void. Trapping becomes an endless endever.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom