can I open carry at my polling location?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you don't understand OC?

Frank would like, and I agree, to avoid the unnecessary commotion, and police calls it generates every election year. We in LE, would rather not deal with this stuff today. Because who knows what can or will happen today? If you support law enforcement, how about allowing us to stay, on this chilly day, on the streets doing our jobs rather than chasing foolishness. Wear it, but at least have the courtesy to cover it up temporarily.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It's the fools who call that are being discourteous.

Tuesday is just another day I have no reason to cover my gun.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    1 uncovered at precinct 29 voting joint in Perry township.

Citizens running around with their hair on fire screaming about guns = 0.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Frank would like, and I agree, to avoid the unnecessary commotion, and police calls it generates every election year. We in LE, would rather not deal with this stuff today. Because who knows what can or will happen today? If you support law enforcement, how about allowing us to stay, on this chilly day, on the streets doing our jobs rather than chasing foolishness. Wear it, but at least have the courtesy to cover it up temporarily.

Why is exercising a civil right foolishness? Isn't it foolish to call the cops for someone who is exercising a constitutional right?

What if I call because I see certain ethnic/racial groups voting? Who is foolish? The caller or those of the ethnic/racial group who are exercising a constitutional right?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There was a guy OC'ing at my poling place just a few minutes ago. He looked very professional, though. Nice belt and holster combo, shirt tucked in, he had a lot of other gizmos and gadgets on his belt that seemed a little excessive, though. Handcuffs, tazer, 2-way radio...who needs all that???

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There was a guy OC'ing at my poling place just a few minutes ago. He looked very professional, though. Nice belt and holster combo, shirt tucked in, he had a lot of other gizmos and gadgets on his belt that seemed a little excessive, though. Handcuffs, tazer, 2-way radio...who needs all that???

Sounds like he was trying to make a political statement...which seems like a dumb reason to carry a gun, but whatever.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The shiny badge on his shirt seemed like overkill too.

Oh, I get it:

bd653017-0e7c-4f1d-8c09-9d2b4ff1052d.jpg

Someone needs to let him know that you only need the badge for concealed​ carry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why is exercising a civil right foolishness? Isn't it foolish to call the cops for someone who is exercising a constitutional right?

What if I call because I see certain ethnic/racial groups voting?
    Who is foolish? The caller or those of the ethnic/racial group who are exercising a constitutional right?

If a guy showed up at the polls "expressing his constitutional rights" in a klan outfit, you wouldn't consider that foolish either?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would answer that if you normally OC, then OC while voting is not an issue that even needs discussed. If you are OCing (or for that matter, carrying at all) specifically because it's Election Day and you want to be seen doing it, possibly generating an issue where there is none, or just because... I would suggest that perhaps you need to reexamine your motivations. It is your right to be armed. It is your right to CC, OC, or DTtF carry for that matter, and I don't argue that point at all. Corollary to that, though, is, "just because you can does not mean you should."

Case in point:

clown.png

No law broken. Nothing says he can't do this. Should he, though?

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom