Can I ask the manufacturer for a refund?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Got the gun back today and went straight to MCF&G. Shot 80 rounds with ZERO failures! :rockwoot: Now, all I need is some after-market magazines. I can't see paying $32 for a magazine that will only be used at the range. I guess this may never be a FNS gun with only two magazines. :dunno:
    You will understand it if you buy POS mags, toss them and then replace them with mags that work.

Buy once, cry once................x2 when it comes to mags. Talk to people who know your gun and buy what they buy.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Got the gun back today and went straight to MCF&G. Shot 80 rounds with ZERO failures! :rockwoot: Now, all I need is some after-market magazines. I can't see paying $32 for a magazine that will only be used at the range. I guess this may never be a FNS gun with only two magazines. :dunno:

Hey Que, have you shot the M&P15-22's? You can try mine anytime we can get together.

I'm planning on being kind of early to FNS to break in a couple of new magazines (Bringing my total to 7 for the 15-22), you're welcome to help me out in my endeavor!

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    ANY gun manufacturer can have a bad gun.

I'd wager to say that ALL manufacturers have had at least ONE bad apple.

when you make millions of working machines that expel a projectile through small explosions, one of them is bound to not work right over the course of many decades. what gets me is that so FEW of them screw up. even the less quality places do decent.

nobody hears a thing when things are fine but only when they go wrong.
    inflation of the bad.

I have several S&W wheelguns. Not a one doesn't go BANG every dang time.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hey Que, have you shot the M&P15-22's? You can try mine anytime we can get together.

I'm planning on being kind of early to FNS to break in a couple of new magazines (Bringing my total to 7 for the 15-22), you're welcome to help me out in my endeavor!

I have shot one before. I'll make it to FNS late, so I won't be able to help break in the mags.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know how you feel, but 6-8 weeks turnaround isn't unusual for a busy firearms manufacturer. Looks like S&W did you right. Back in the day, when there were competent gunsmiths, major manufacturers had warranty repair centers scattered around the country. I bought a new, Connecticut-made Hi Standard target pistol. It didn't work out-of-the box. The guy who sold it to me, a home based dealer, (man, those were the days) drove me to a major city to have it repaired by a designated warranty repair gunsmith. He had it up and running in no time. I used that gun without any problems for decades. Since it is given special attention, once a gun is fixed, it may be better than a run-of-the-mill product, if the gun is a decent model to begin with.

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Tell them to keep the crappy 22 and send you a 41 to replace it.

2 months to fix your 22? That is not right.I have never waited for more than a week on any S&W factory return

I agree on the timeframe. Even with recalls on guns from manufacturers, like the Beretta Neos, I've never waited more than 10 business days to get something repaired.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Most manufacturers like Taurus are happy to send you a replacement gun when there is an issue with one of their products.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    NO.
    There I said it for them. I just saved you some time cause thats what they will tell you.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Most manufacturers like Taurus are happy to send you a replacement gun when there is an issue with one of their products.

That is not my experience with Taurus. As a matter of fact, their ability to repair firearms has been questionable on several occasions. S&W has a very good reputation over the past few decades regarding their willingness and ability to repair firearms.

I have to admit regarding the time frame for repairs, that I'm not from the "I want it all and I want it now" generation.

Top Bottom