• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    I have the full size govt model xse series and a defender , now i want a comander xse.Dont know why i just want one , I think its becoming a compolsive obsesive disorder.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You love it so much because it is the "Combat Handgun" all others are judged by. Yea there are hundreds of good combat handguns out there. Most of of them a darn good weapons. I have been fortunate enough to have owned a lot of different handguns. But I have and will always have a 1911. I trust my life and the lives of others with one every single day.

Colt 1991A1 SS that was sent to Wilson for CQB works. Nothing comes close IMO.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    According to the NRA, the 1911 is number 1 on the top 10 handguns of the last 100 years.

Pretty nice perch, if you ask me. Not too shabby of a recommendation either.... :yesway:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Why do you love her you ask. Because she is more faithful than any wife or girlfriend. If you treat her right, 30 years from now she will still look exactly the same. She never complains when you haven't paid attention to her in awhile. She doesn't get jealous if you shoot another one. She will perform well with your friends if you ask her too. What isn't to love.

reload45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    just wanted to say hello from florida. love my .45acp,too. fired different makes and barrel lengths,and do prefer the commander version. nothing like a nice fat bullet crusing along at a slow speed.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    just wanted to say hello from florida. love my .45acp,too. fired different makes and barrel lengths,and do prefer the commander version. nothing like a nice fat bullet crusing along at a slow speed.

Hello reload, you should put a post in the intro and greeting section.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Because you have never shot a Glock
    ..... nah, I probably shouldn't go hunt for a glock thread to :poop: on... figured it wouldn't be long until the plastic people showed up.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY

I have owned every pistol you could think of GLOCKS,SPRINGFIELDS,TAURUS,ETC....and my colt is by far the best feeeling,looking,shooting firearm i have ever owned..no second thoughts

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    The 1911 is a very straightforward, functional, ergonomic design. It had to be; JMB didn't have much precedent from which to work so there weren't as many preconceived notions as to what the weapon should be.

I like it because it is so simple, and for another reason: It puts the minimum amount of steel between you and the round. It's therefore more about skill and less about the platform... if that makes sense.

Josh <><

Fritz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It was designed by THE genius of gun design, John Browning. It points naturally, is elegantly simple in structure, and can handle any "unpleasantness" with aplomb.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom