Can Anyone Give XDS/XD Mod.2 Comparison?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I currently have an XDS 9 as my EDC, but my dad likes the gun and is wanting to get his LTCH now that he's moved down to Florida. He's 63 now and doesn't want to carry his 39-2, so I'm thinking about giving him my XDS and picking up an XD Mod.2 as a replacement. Does anyone have experience with both? Obviously the Mod.2 is going to be heavier given the extra rounds but I was hoping someone had experience firing both and could give me an idea of felt recoil, ergonomics, ammo tolerability, etc... As well as any other impressions you've had.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I went through this before picking up my XDs...but I really liked the Mod 2.

-GRIP ZONE...is very nice. I've had a XDm and XD and now the XDs but the Mod 2 felt by far the best.
    -Recoil is fine, GRIP ZONE helps with it. I never felt like it was moving or shifting in my hand which made getting back on target easy.
    -I only shot 200 rds of ball ammo through one but no issues.

I grabbed the XDs because I felt like it'd be easier to carry. After looking at the ass end of the XDs the Mod 2 looks like a fatty. And the extended mag with that short barrel is funny looking but a blast to run through.

I'm really hoping they go "Mod 2" with the rest of the XD line because they worked wonders on it.

FourFive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I am also considering picking up a Mod 2 for edc. I am interested in the extra capacity of the double stack mag realizing that it will be thicker. My main issue with concealed carry is usually grip length. Does anyone who has both (or experience with both) have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a mod2 and my wife carries a XDS. Both are nice shooting guns. As far as grip length, they are about the same if you are not using the extended mod2 mag. I normally carry the regular mag in the mod2 but the extended is close by.

Top Bottom