• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    First off its reliable as all get out,second its a pistol that can take abuse that alot of other pistols would have irreparable frame or slide damage ,makes it great for a truck gun or to wear while mowing the lawn. Im a diehard 1911 fan but its not the only type of firearm I would own or carry .It was only at the last 1500 that I got on the Glock bandwagon & picked up a 2nd gen pistol .I tried the newer 3rd & 4th gens but the 2nd gen fit me better & I love it .All kinds of wiz bang stuff for them as well ( like a 1911) Its easy than most to field strip & maintain as well.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I used to hate them until I wanted a gun that I could take with me hunting/fishing/working, and not have to worry about it getting wet, or damaged. I'll be a lot less upset about dinging up my 23 than I would be the kimber. There are other guns I would rather shoot, and that I shoot better, but my glock has never failed, and has been shot the most.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    My opinion is like a Mustang or Camaro. Both Great! Both competitive. But what do you like to drive most? If you find a reputal dealer with a range you can test fire your weapon. Me I choose Camaro. Not a Glock fan. But...A Glock is a lot like a Camaro. You can customize it, tune it, find parts in a flash and it is a great piece.

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    I think Glocks are great guns . They're just not my cup of tea. I don't care for how they look or how they feel in your hand , but thats just me . As far as brands go I like Sig's , Colts or S-W alot better . Not knocking Glocks , everyone is different thats why they make so many different guns.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    While many other makes feel better in my hand, I don't know of any that for around $ 750.00 than can shoot 3 different calibers, be as reliable, and take the abuse that a Glock can. For $750.00, I can get a .40 and add barrels to shoot 9mm and .357 Sig.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i love them. i like the grip, the supply of parts/mags. I do NOT like the factory sights, but i put meprolights on both of mine. in terms of aesthetics, i do like them. i actually think the competetion is ugly...XD(m)=ick

also, i like NOT having a manual safety. just draw and go.

:+1: Well said. I agree completely.

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I like the baby Glocks much better than the larger models but you can't beat the reliability on any of them.

Rammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I read a gun writer a few years ago say that, "The Glock has the aesthetics of a flat tire." I can agree with that. But I carry a Glock daily and have for 6 yrs. I have over 25,000 rounds through my 23. No complaints.

Rammer

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Glocks are reasonably priced reliable guns that are easy to service, maintain and upgrade. There are probably other guns that fall into this category as well.

There are LOTS of others in that category. It's a fantastic time to be shopping for guns for defense and sport. Our number of outstanding choices is, I think, unprecedented.

Snowden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    My opinion is like a Mustang or Camaro. Both Great! Both competitive. But what do you like to drive most? If you find a reputal dealer with a range you can test fire your weapon. Me I choose Camaro. Not a Glock fan. But...A Glock is a lot like a Camaro. You can customize it, tune it, find parts in a flash and it is a great piece.

I always thought Glocks were like old Volvos. They're both ugly bricks, but they will never, ever stop working. There are no strange quirks or design flaws to worry about. You can hand a Glock to your wife at the range, and you can lend the Volvo to your teenage son, and both will come back in one piece.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You don't want to break the commandments do you?

Glock-Commandments.jpg

:D
    :rockwoot:

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    :laugh: To the above post.

I am, by no means, a glock fan. I don't own em, I don't like em, but I do respect em. I recently shot my first glock, a 22, and I was impressed.

The ergonomics are weird to me and frankly, I think the trigger sucks. Also, I was afraid of it going kaboom :whistle:

However, they are dependable, competitively priced, simple, highly modifiable, and reasonably accurate pistols. I definitely understand the appeal, they just don't appeal to me.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I started out with the 1911 craze infused in me by me Uncle Sam, carried a .45 as an ARMY M.P., went into the S&W gun of the month craze back in the day, had to have the latest & greatest flavor. One day got a Sig 226.............man that was it, I thought I found my true carry piece forever. Glocks came out, I too thought them cheap and ugly, no plastic guns for me...............one day at a range I reluctantly tried a co workers 1st Gen G-17. WHAM!!!!!! Goodbye Colt/Smith/Sig hello GLOCK.

Got me a G-19, later a 17, 27, 26, 22, 23...................I'm done.

Don't care for the newest upgrades, my 2nd Gen G-19, and 2.5 gen G-27 EDC, are all I have needed for over twenty years.

Something new may come down the pike in the future...............M&P, XDM...........tried them at least, and go right back to what works best for me.

G L O C K !!!

Top Bottom