• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Simplicity of use. (two controls, Trigger & Magazine release)
    Reliability (really, nuff said)
    Compatibility (parts / holsters / accessories are sold practically everywhere.... Try to find a mag carrier for an Heckler and Koch USP Tactical in .45 at 1 pm on a Sunday.)

there are lots of other guns that have one, or two of the above. Very few excel at all three.

AMAZON.COM or my range bag, a gun safe, closet, BOB, GHB, glove box, wifes purse, etc ....... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(and no guys my wife doesnt carry a USP tactical in her purse, im just making a joke, its a USP C 9mm :). but everywhere else is probly correct. )

Last edited:

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I remember when glocks first hit the market. I heard people say they would not last. They were junk because they were "plastic." Some people did not like them because they were hammerless. I bought one anyway. I have owned the 21, 22, and the 27. Good firearms. They are light and easy to carry. I have put a glock 19 on my gun list. I know a few people that do not like the grip. However, I do like them.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I picked up a Glock 27 at the range yesterday that felt verynice! And the lack of a safety is a plus, as well. I really like my XDsc, but sometimes I wonder if there would/could ever be a time when I need to fire off a round without disiengaging the three safety points.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Definitely wanting to try out a Glock for myself after reading some of the reasoning behind their popularity.

May very well end up my next purchase, and EDC for that matter.

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I have been thinking about renting one at pop guns this weekend just to check it out. I hope the one they have isn't utterly beaten to crap.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't think anyone CAN explain the Glock fascination. It's NOT for everybody. It's just for those that have a VERY hight intelligence. If you can shoot one Glock, you can pretty much shoot them all. As everyone said, they are very reliable. They can take just about anything, and still operate as they should. The first Glock I shot was a 21. I loved it, so I bought one for myself. My mom wanted a 9mm, so bought a 19. I shot it, and HAD to get one too. So I now carry the 19. My dad liked the 19 after shooting mine, wanted to buy one but they were out. Got the 17 instead. Once he was able, he went out and got the 19. My baby brother loved it, so bought a 19 too.
    My wife, who never shot anything except a 22 long rifle, shot my 19. She can hit just about anything with it. Once we're able, she's getting one too.
    They are just so addictive. Once you get one, you gotta have another. Then another, and another....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have been thinking about renting one at pop guns this weekend just to check it out. I hope the one they have isn't utterly beaten to crap.

They have a 40 caliber Glock there. Not sure which model. It is beat to crap, but it's still a Glock. They can handle ANYTHING, and still are reliable.

Top Bottom