• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    G18s and converted G17s are PERFECTLY legal, people...

Just not available to own for mere citizens. One must be an NFA dealer or manufacturer (or a LEO agency) in order to have them.

-J-

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't believe there are any legally transferable / pre 86 Glock 18's out there. I wouldn't mess with some Philipino FA conversion, unless your a fan of sodomy and concrete rooms with bars on the door.

He definitely has access to some cool ****, ie Honey Badger.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    vid won't post. FAQs here I come.

Ok..... Went to the FAQs and got all edumacated up on how to post attachments so's I could put up a video, then noticed at the very bottom of the screen it said I could NOT post attachments. Anyone know why?

Last edited:

js24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    It can be done mechinically, yes. However, legally would be an issue. I believe it can be done legally, but only with extra paperwork and fees. Being an admitted fan of rapid fire though, I'd hate to handle the gun at all afterwards. I can only imagine how scorching hot that slide would be. I've rapid fired all three of my pistols and the slides are always scorching hot afterwards. To up it to that speed, I can only imagine...I'd want a pair of welders gloves to touch that slide afterwards. And if you jam at that speed, who knows what would happen. It'd be fun to try, but I wouldn't want to rely on it. I'd rather just up the anty and go for an AR.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Fyi, the speed of the slide recoiling is the exact same. Its the amount of time between cycles that is "faster" or shorter if you will...

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Just in case you didn't know, FPSRussia's real name is Kyle Myers, and he's not Russian. It's just an act. He does get to play with some cool stuff, for sure.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It can be done mechinically, yes. However, legally would be an issue. I believe it can be done legally, but only with extra paperwork and fees.

Only if you could find an auto sear or Glock 18 registered prior to the 86 ban. Otherwise it falls under law enforcement / government only, with the small exception of a class III manufacturer.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Only if you could find an auto sear or Glock 18 registered prior to the 86 ban. Otherwise it falls under law enforcement / government only, with the small exception of a class III manufacturer.

only a sear COULD be legal, The Glock 18 would need to have been imported before 1968 for it to be legal for civvy's to own.

Gosettc68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Glock 18's are fully automatic. It is illegal to convert any Glock to an automatic.

Actually it's not illegal to convert a 17 to full auto if you meet the right requirements. I sell the full auto/select fire kits ( 80% complete ) every day. If your law enforcement you can possess a full auto glock ( With a department letterhead ) or if your a manufacturer and you make a post sample.

The conversion kits that I sell can be purchased by any individual because the ATF classes the unfinished kits as a paperweight.

With that being said, yes it is illegal to manufacture a illegal machine gun. But if you jump through the hoops you can own one.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Actually it's not illegal to convert a 17 to full auto if you meet the right requirements. I sell the full auto/select fire kits ( 80% complete ) every day. If your law enforcement you can possess a full auto glock ( With a department letterhead ) or if your a manufacturer and you make a post sample.

The conversion kits that I sell can be purchased by any individual because the ATF classes the unfinished kits as a paperweight.

With that being said, yes it is illegal to manufacture a illegal machine gun. But if you jump through the hoops you can own one.

Just to clarify, If anyone were to buy one of your kits that was not a police officer or manufacturer and they had a Glock it would be intent to manufacturer
    a machine gun and would get them a term in the federal slammer.

So by hoops do you mean become a police officer or ClassIII manufacturer?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Just to clarify, If anyone were to buy one of your kits that was not a police officer or manufacturer and they had a Glock it would be intent to manufacturer
    a machine gun and would get them a term in the federal slammer.

So by hoops do you mean become a police officer or ClassIII manufacturer?
    So why do demilled AK kits come with the FCG they originally had in them? I've heard that if you buy the kit, it's a really good idea to dispose of the original FCG immediately, but still.....heck, you can even buy just a select fire FCG for them, just can't install them.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Phillipines is not like Thailand unless you are mindanao...perfectly safe in most places and the people there really like Americans
    I don't believe there are any legally transferable re 86 Glock 18's out there. I wouldn't mess with some Philipino FA conversion, unless your a fan of sodomy and concrete rooms with bars on the door.

He definitely has access to some cool ****, ie Honey Badger.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Wow...surprised no one mentioned the beretta 93....had the glock beat by about ten years.

God bless
    -Shred

Glock just did it cheaper, more reliable when dirty and controllable in full auto. lol There's a reason the don't make the 93 anymore. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a 93 though.

Top Bottom