Camping near Cloverdale for June Appleseed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    We're looking to camp near Cloverdale for the June Appleseed. McCormick's Creek is close. Are there other good options near by? Rather, are there other options with decent showers that are cheaper? We plan to tent camp the Friday before until the Wednesday after. Thanks!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    As you probably know there is primitive camping at the range during the event. Porta-Jon, no showers and bring your own water. I will be there Friday afternoon through the weekend. :D

The Cloverdale RV Park is just 10 minutes from the range and they may have what you are looking for. Phone: 765-795-3294

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Thanks, DaveD. We'll probably just end up at McCormick's Creek. No RV, and while I do like to shoot, I'm still a girly girl. I was the chick doing her makeup at the campground mirror this weekend. :)

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Aunti, there is a real nice campground only a mile or so from the range. The name is Cloverdale RV Park. They have sites for tents and campers, with real nice shower facilites. We have camped there many, many times.

misconfig

Master
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    My family owns a crapton of land at the Cataract falls, how many people are camping; I may be able to arrange something.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Misconfig: there may be as many as 4-5 of us camping with 2-3 tents. What kind of set-up do you have? Thanks for even considering the offer!
    DHolder: I didn't realize that the RV park had tent camping. I'll check it out, too. Thanks!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bump for camping plan conclusions.
    Haven't decided if I'll camp overnight yet but I might.

...there is primitive camping at the range during the event.

Actually, the range would be sufficient for me

...I'm kinda primitive. ;)

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I'm planning on camping. I will more than likely set up at the range. I'm hoping to get in a little KD with the new AR. Who knows, may even do some dutch oven cookin!!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I'll be at the range at 1500 hrs Friday to set up target line. Also setting up camp for the weekend.

Come on out! Have plenty of room.

Hmmmmm ............bacon around the campfire Friday and Saturday! All we need is a little rain to make it a perfect weekend :rockwoot:

Top Bottom